Win 10 Boot Storage: AMD X570 + (StorMI: Optane + NAND NVMe) + Encryption possible?

Hi,

Since using a completely diskless system isn’t “nicely” possible with Win 10 running natively on a computer I am looking for an alternative route.

I am a huge Optane fan due to its constant reliable performance without any things like post-pseudo-SLC cache write holes or the need for proper TRIM support.

Unfortunately I’m looking to have about 8 TB of local SSD storage which isn’t really possible with Optane right now.

My first idea was to go with an already used Optane 905P 480 GB as the one StorMI uses for incoming write operations and a “cheap” 8 TB SATA SSD.

Then I was browsing through national retail listings and the cheapest SSD around 8 TB is the Western Digital Ultrastar DC SN630 - 0.8DWPD 7.68TB, ISE, U.2 (0TS1620/WUS3BA176C7P3E3), also an NVMe drive.

Is it possible to combine the these two SSDs in such a way with StorMI that Windows 10 can boot off of it in UEFI boot mode and that there is also “proper” full virtual volume encryption possible (because of GDPR stuff)?

In the past I used DiskCryptor for Windows systems since its implentation had higher performance than VeryCrypt but since it seems to have died I want to switch to something else for a completely new system.

Can anyone asses if this is possible?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.