Will we ever see a HiDPI 16:10 Display? Is 16:10 Dead?

The ergonomics with a tablet than a laptop because of a smaller screen making you hunch over your neck more.

if you need portrait so bad, you might as well deal with either a Tablet or a desktop PC with a portrait mode monitor. you're not going to get a reasonable experience with a non-touch based laptop. there is a good chance 16:10 is going to go away soon the way tablets and laptops are getting.

You're also not going to get a good experience on a tablet, you can't type well on it, you either have to use one hand or prop it up on something and strain your neck.

which is why you build a desktop. laptops are NOT meant to be used in portrait mode. if they were, they would be laptops that came that way. and they don't..

Well, we've had this before... http://cdn.wccftech.com/images/news/Kohjinsha/Kohjinsha-Dual-Screen.jpg

A rolling screen sounds just as feasible.

And it didn't kick off.

No, but the people that wanted them bought them.

that's fine. though they lost money making it. if they didn't, they would of made more. and and they didn't.

I think a problem with ideas like that is there's no way to predict how many people want them and if it will reach the minimum order quota. something like that needs to be build to order to minimize risk.

there is, just look a statistics on what people are using. simple as that. when you "Innovate" you take a risk. cause there's a chance the product doesn't kick off. someone can make a product for you.. but if you're the only person that buys it then why waste time making it?

I guess that wouldn't be so hard or expensive if laptops were more modular. Like if there was a Laptop Mothermoard ODM standard, it would cost you less than the cost of a macbook pro to design a laptop with a rolling screen. there are DIYers that are mechanical engineers. (I'm using that term loosely)

I still have 2 Dell 24" 16:10 but unfortunately yes, 16:10 ratio has been disappearing on laptops & desktops for years and my 27" is 16:9.

Although 3:2 and other ratios seem to make a comeback on a few tablets/laptops (see Surface Pro 4 / Surface book).