Will G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series ram work with my motherboards control software?

So I’m looking to buy some G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series ram and place it in a MSI Z270 MPOWER GAMING TITANIUM mobo. Will the MSI rgb software run it or will I have to use the G.skill software?

1 Like

Negative Ghost rider it is only Aura Sync Controllable however it maybe controlled via the Trident Z RGB software. Now there is a Supported mobo list of stuff compatible with that software to. Please make sure you read it. If you want the best RGB eco system I am sorry your going to have to go the route of ASUS Aura Sync and all Aura Sync capable and indivdually addressable hardware which can be found on their website.

also please note “Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.16 BETA full support MSI Z270 Gaming M7 (any version of the BIOS) But other utilities that use SMBus should not be used. MSI Gaming App and similar utiltizes it so it is better to delete so the MSI control software from reading it”

Thanks the control software for the trident was what concerned me. I’ve been reading some very scary things about it, and wanted to avoid it.

I guess I’ll go with the Corsair Vengeance RGB instead its a little cheaper anyway, and the reviews are pretty good. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Either ram kits have weak SMbuses… go with the one you wish… honestly if the smbus corrupts the ram all you have to do is flash the spd back which there is already a full debrick tutorial LOL so I mean it aint a bad kit… I have trident Z RGB in my ryzen system @3433 and it works fine