Will an Intel I340-T4 work in an Lenovo Thinkcentre M58P SFF?

I’m planning on acquiring some bit of hardware (cheap) so I can offload a virtual router from my primary desktop / host to another dedicated piece of hardware. I already have an I340-T4 in this desktop and I’m quite happy with its functionality.

But, before ordering anything, I was hoping to get a second opinion of whether this card will work in this SFF desktop as I don’t have any experience with it.

According to Lenovo’s specifications, expansion slots include

One half-length, full-height, PCI Express x16
One half-length, full-height, PCI Express x1
Two full-length, full-height, 32-bit PCI 2.3 (5v)

The I340-T4 requires a

5 GT/s, x4 Lane

If this won’t work, could you perhaps point me toward another SFF desktop that would work with this card that’s about less than $60?

Decided to pull the trigger :man_shrugging: even if the card’s not compatible, I’ll find a way to use this desktop for something haha.

Yeah it works just fine. I did order a core-quad Q6600 to replace the existing dual core setup, however.

Oh too bad I didn’t see your post earlier, could have told you it does work :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! :smiley: Appreciate you commenting haha.

I will say, however, that the i340-T4 I acquired only had 3 / 4 working NICs, which is perfect for my setup, but it would have been nice to have that fourth one.

1 Like