Wiki for Linux compatible boards?

Trying to pick a good board for X399 and having a really hard time doing so. Most of the videos on the boards are outdated due to recent development on the projects. Manufactures don’t have grouping info on the websites and forum is indeed helpful, but a bit hit or miss and time consuming.

My personal frustration aside, I think it will be very helpful for second wave of “plug&play” users to have a some kind of overview of the boards for use under Linux.

Here is a example of board comparison:

Or LinuxCNC latency test overview:
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Latency-Test

I think it might be a good project for level1tech to have a motherboard wiki site. Wiki is a much better platform for this type of data. I previously worked on gwpvx.com - and it can be both good source for SEO boost for the project and there not that much work with it after initial setup.

Generally nowadays most boards are compatible pretty quickly and its the processors that are the issue. There isn’t much to be looked up about boards unless you want passthrough, in which theres a lot of people trying out everything on here.

Also we do have a wiki, its just no one ever used it so it kisda died. Ask @Eden

I believe all one has to do is post their wiki in the wiki section of the forum. MysteryAngel would add some great motherboard spec to the wiki with her vrm knowledge.

Although the presentation would look better in a google spreadsheet then on the forum imho.

EDIT: Ohhhh… I see you are a newer member, so that’s why you made the recommendation. I do not believe that newer members can post in the wiki section. At least that is what I understood after reading Wendell’s post on Wiki’s. I’ll help you out fam.

posting in the Wiki section is not a problem the problem is that the post it self wont be a wiki post ( which means wont be able to be edited by members ) however I believe a mod can make any Topic a wiki.

The privileges are as follows -
Basic user - only threads
Member - only threads but can edit Wiki
Regular - can post wiki.

1 Like

Just made one. And I do not see the little pencil in the upper right. So I think that a mod has to make a wiki a wiki. I thought just posting a thread in the wiki section made it a wiki. :frowning:

Yeah edit it and add @ moderators and get them to make it a wiki. Regular users can make a Wiki but the requirements to become one are kinda high. ( you have to read a lot )

1 Like

I’ve made your topic a wiki @Goalkeeper, we’re still working on the category, though feel free to add content.

1 Like

@Melcar Now the Motherboards Wiki is officially a wiki you can use the “Edit Wiki” button at the bottom right to edit and include your board into it.

The button is the blue one that says Edit.

1 Like

I can tidy up the other posts after.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true however i think members should to the hard work mods cant always fix things. Sorry if I accidentally marked my last post as a reply to you.

Wouldn’t worry about it. well work on the category so it should be easier to use by default.

1 Like