Wierd memory problem

Hi, my rig has 8GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM, and I've never had any memory related issues, since I built it 2 years ago.

Recently, i've installed an amd r280x for my, also new, 1440p monitor, and so formatted my computer. Then I've done all the tweaks in the Maks Hacks: Speed up Windows 7 video, from tek syndicate.

After that I've been receiving this "your computer is low on memory" message from windows when playing games, or when I have many tabs open on chrome, and if I ignore this message and continue to use these programs, they eventually crash.

I have no idea why this is happening, because my computer clearly doesn't need more ram, and it was running fine with before I formatted it. Please help me out

Ps: I'm using x64 version of windows and I've disabled pagefile.sys because I have an ssd.

Before we start speculating, does the motherboard recognize the 8GB ram? does it say 8GB or somewhere in BIOS? (presumably on the start page). You can also check in the windows task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) under the performance tab and maybe screenshot your current memory usage.

Don't disable the pagefile. Set it to  something small if you want but when you disable it it can cause lots of problems, like the one you are having.

Yes it does recognize my 8gb of ram. I will try to set the pagefile to a minimum and see if the problem persists