Why s/.*BSD/${bsd}/g?

LXC, maybe?

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem as streamlined as Jails, but it’s certainly a viable alternative. I’ll have to work with it a bit more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why BSD?

You want an actual UNIX that does things the UNIX WAY ™

You want a license that isn’t viral, and is actually in the spirit of “do whatever you want with this, just credit us!”

2 Likes
9 Likes

Creator of Steve Jobs, Linus Torvalds, Bill Gates

Almost made me spit water over my peripherals.

6 Likes

Thank you for this, this is 10/10 prep for the new podcast

2 Likes

History behind the systems should be general knowledge among professionals and enthusiasts, since when you get to learn why stuff works and is built in a certain way, you really understand the genius behind it all.

5 Likes

[ tism intensifies ]

4 Likes

One thing that seems to be a minus is that so few people use it thus so few review the code. Even though it is open, no one is watching

Which is good that we have a BSD section, more eyes…kinda

4 Likes

Real talk. I don’t look at the sauce. I only like FOSS cause of the mostly free stuff you can get, without coming off as a pirate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cause lets be real. If you say you got some software for free, people will most likely assume piracy. Which would make you look bad. But with FOSS I can get things for free and not look bad because it’s FOSS. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’m sure Facebook, Nintendo and Netflix keep tabs on the BSDs to an extent… Hopefully. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am planing to read through OpenBSD code, since I wanna write my own OS.

5 Likes

Good luck bro!

7 Likes

4th time the charm

7 Likes

nightmare fuel

3 Likes

This is pissening. Without getting into OS wars, there are a lot of things that merit using an X_BSD.

Then again, with how little people care about security (it’s more about passing an audit) and throwing in “the best tool for the job” philosophy, I can see why people don’t use it just to use it.

2 Likes

Soon™

6 Likes

new on history channel, 2 go in… one comes out

6 Likes

Boss! If you need any distractions, I’ll be happy to provide them.

Yes. I guess I decided to use some sort of BSD version for the laptop I have. Since it’s going to be connected to the tv which one should I use?
Also, I accept your one year BSD challenge, but it’s going to be on the laptop I will probably hardly directly use (mostly through ssh from RH, I hope) :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

the only BSD we really need:

https://bsd.uk.com/

there are two things that i am intersted (just like all the other idiots who seem to be bored with linux) in the whole BSD craze that broke out and i love:

• performance and monitoring of such in an enterprise grade workload setting

• trying to make BSD a daily driver and game on it

So i ugess that it basically comes down to what BSD can do excidingly good and on the other hand to make BSD into popOS or something. i have very expectation of this endevaour.

i wonder what wonderful things we will do this is forgotten OS of glorious past!

4 Likes

@adubs get on that bsd train, look at this.

reee, not forgotten.

I wanna try OpenBSD as a server, if it works well enough, might migrate my blog server to that. Why OpenBSD? Coz security and server are friends.

2 Likes