Why is almost everything "mobile" just terrible?

I do often soak up the atmosphere around me when waiting around.

Im a pretty active thinker, and when waiting around in one spot for a long period of time (city life) i will get carried away with thinking about the things that are going on around me and i will take it all in and will think about it, question it etc etc, and ask myself questions such as; what is around me, why is it their, what does it do, how does it work, how can i make one, how can i make it better/more efficient etc etc etc with things such as cars, trains, transport, architecture, technology, power, anything really. I can be sitting around for an hour until i even think about pulling out my phone to do something like read, play around with an app, text somebody or anything like that. I would usually just download an app/game to have a bit of a piss-around, apart from that, 95% of the time im either thinking about crap or reading.

As for talking to people... i hate it. For people i dont know very well at least. I have never been a social person and have always hated talking to people im not close to. Its not that im afraid of talking to people or anything like that, its just that i dont like talking in general. I hate having to fish for things to talk about. The people i usually talk to are close friends or family. I used to be quite social as a person, but i guess its just gone away. But sometimes i do talk just to be polite.

I do agree that mobile gaming (or mobile phones in general) are very anti-social, to a different extent. Its incredibly annoying when your actually caught up in an indulging conversation with somebody and that person constantly has their face stuck in their phone using facebook, twitter or texting etc and asking you to repeat what you said every sentence. Then they question why i stopped talking to them. Its pretty much just turning into an addiction with most people imo.

It's definitely not easy to find good mobile games. I have a belief they exist but I haven't found any yet and I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Not my first smartphone but I recently got a Note 3 after dealing with stuff on the super cheap end that couldn't hope to run 'real games', struggled with even browsing the web etc.

Emulators are swell, though. I picked up one of those Moga controllers and it's pretty nice to be able to kick back and bask in some nostalgia on longer commutes.

I'm all for striking up a conversation with the person beside me on the bus or chatting with coworkers during downtime but there are still plenty of times I have nothing to do AND no-one to interact (either because I'm alone or just because it doesn't feel appropriate) with BUT I am not in front of my desktop. That is the time and place for a little gaming on the go, I think. 

Without exception, I use the full version of any site I visit on my phone.

I know some websites are pretty limited when you use the mobile version, but I don't know why you would choose for the desktop version if you're just reading an article or something. Websites like ars technica are great on your phone. I don't see why you would want to have to zoom, use more data etc.

You should not compare a phone to your pc. It's always limited, but the fact that you can use it to look things up anywhere, to check your email and to waste time on 4chan while looking like any normal person checking facebook is just great.

Your comment about games it true though. I have some games, but I rarely play them. Something like opensudoku is nice to waste time, but I'll not play any 3d games on my phone. I have a Vita for that.