Why don't we start ANOTHER internet?

well first we need to find a location with with a large amount of tek syndicate member (https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/tek-syndicate-map/84846) and then create a small infrastructure in that area for general testing. I like the idea of using intel nics for testing the small network.

I doubt that would be a good idea, Unless we are willing to lay trillions of $ worth of oceanic pipe for our internet to be as large as the current net.

Yeah, the cost is insurmountable, it's expensive enough just creating an ISP.

Actually if you going wireless and using typical signal technology and a de-centralized system the cost is really small. That is what freedombox wants to achieve(https://freedomboxfoundation.org/learn/). Cost of one device per household. That is also what many program do in underdeveloped countries that do not have the funds to create traditional infrastructure.

Im sure we could get the us government to fund it if we let the nsa tap the lines.

Thats exactly the opposite point you twit

The Internet is stateless... the only thing we do to make it state is using cookies etc..... stateless internet of course already exist meaning it is what it is and will always be is. cant make somthing that is out of our reach unless we build upon it with so called "websites"

please be respectful of your fellow members.

None of this makes a great deal of sense to be honest when onion routing has been done and got pwned.
Sure the current system has its faults but there are solutions that just need to be implemented on a per country basis. The key is putting the right people in positions of power to get the job done.

1 Like

get out of here.

You know that is an impossible feat(especially in USA). So you may as well let him try to build his own internet.

2 Likes

lets do it, only took 32 years for this current one.

Anything you'd see now would more than likely be built as a set of extensions on top of what is already there. That's pretty much been the policy for the past 30 years anyway. Learn better ways to do things, hack it on top of there instead of doing it right the first time. :)

The easiest thing to do would be to build an incredibly, mind-numbingly complex, impossible-for-our-friends-on-Pennsylvania-Avenue-to-crack VPN system that basically encapsulates "the safe internet" within the internet. It would be a lot of work to get the software adopted, but it's possible, and I could see it coming to that (at least for some services) with the growing popularity of VPN and the increasing nosy nature of the government(s).

If you want to try something like that get a pfSense box and a couple spare Linux machines (Windows would probably have a stroke with this kind of networking mess) and just set up pfSense to assign public IPs via DHCP. Don't connect it to the real internet, and once you get a DNS server going you could totally "mock up" a new internet.

1 Like

They'll even give you a free good luck box that looks suspiciously like an IP camera that you can use every second of every day

Yeah, everyone discussing VPNs please read this post. People seem to have this misconception that a VPN is like some unicorn-sponsored magical witchcraft sorcery that's impossible for anyone to break and never leaves anything out in the open...

FYI When I was talking in my other post about using a crazy VPN system I didn't mean a VPN in the sense of "appear like you're using another ISP" kind of VPN, I meant like a VPN system that somehow uses VPN to access everything. It wouldn't really be a traditional VPN, just couldn't think of anything else to call it.

Netsukuku. Google it.

3 Likes

It was supposed to be a joke.