Why do Steam continue to bring out older games?

Great write up thank you, i have fixed my problem by just grabbing it for my OG XBOX, but this is not an option for everyone, what i think i should say is that games need to be ready for later OS's in order for fans of that game to enjoy it, and yeah sure reading goes a long way, but when nostalgia kicks in the small things go out of the window unfortunately.

Thanks for keeping this civil and straight forward.

I was planning to run it on my laptop, running a VM would not be possible due to HW limitations unfortunately, but i do see what you are talking about.

what the OP did was the equivalent of putting a PS2 disc into a PS4 and expecting it to work flawlessly.

read the system requirements. if your machine can't run it, buy what requirements you don't have or ask the developers to make a version for your system.

I wonder how Resident Evil 1 works on Win 8.1 then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thtHN3IS_lg

Because Max Payne cannot run on a Core 2 Duo and a AMD 4570? are you for real? maybe you should realize how old the game is before talking.

I play all my old games on the laptop and use my desktops for today's games, kind of pointless talking to you though as you are just a bad person to deal with.

Not sure what age has to do with anything, i am not arguing my age, as to prove what age i am i would destroy with what evidence i would show you, you may feel a wee bit inferior is all i can say.

If you think i am fucking with you try me.

It is clear you have nothing to add but more rage, i would take your words seriously if you were not such a condescending cock.

If i could PM you without giving out my email address i would unless you know another way to PM here.

Well this can only go one way then.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyMLv2ssDEk

im sure you can get it to run on anything it's such an old game, but you're too dumb to figure it out and only barely smart enough to just complain about it.

here you go fagt

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3215191

dont ever say i never google searched for you

I have an example, i bought Max Payne on Steam and the sound fails to work, there is a fix on Steam but after all things followed, it fails to work still as the fix fails to work it's self.

This 'flame' war is pathetic, and pointless. 

OP, you're the one that purchased a game without checking the requirements. It said 200/xp only. Quit bitching and blaming steam for your fuck-up.

It would have been all too easy to find a patch, or work around. Google is your friend. 

There is a larger percentage of people on steam that run XP than Mac or Linux. So why should they get rid of them?

Just because you aren't smart enough to get them to work, or follow the fix instructions on steam, doesn't mean games should start dissapearing.