Why do Intel CPUs get better performance than AMD?

you can´t never say that an intel i7 3820 is better then an amd fx8350 or the otherway round.

it all depens on what you gonne do with it.. what you asking from youre cpu, wich software and programes/games you gonne use if for.

The amd fx8350 is close to the 3820 in my oppinion.

Intel is better in single core performance, its cause they have Hypertrading. most software today use  single core architecture, but there are also programm´s and games that use more then one  core, and in the futere, there will be more application and games software, gonne use multiple cores, so then the amd  maybe better.

so in my oppinion, you can´t say that the i73820 is better then the 8350, it all depens youre needs, what you gonne do with it :)

thats not how Hyperthreading works

hyperthreading basically just lets a single core appear as 2 cores, but the hyperthreaded core has about 12.5% of the performance of a real core

Well, according to Agner Fgo´s findings the biased CPU dispatcher is still present in most of not all libraries in which he´s found them before the out of court settlement between Intel and AMD.

One thing I´ve got to correct here though.

This biased CPU dispatcher is not strictly biased against AMD CPUs. It´s biased against non "Genuine Intel" CPUs which means that it´ll treat a VIA CPU just as biased as an AMD CPU.

If Intel wouldn´t use x64, licenced from AMD, it would be no problem but since they´re using it it is a problem and Intel better be removing that shit.

I can´t beleive that this shit ass company hasn´t been mass sued by dozens of developers and AMD and VIA for pulling this stunt.

I mean, what developer would accept that the compiler which he´s paid for works badly on non-Intel hardware just because of some biased code?

I´d feel ripped off.

Now, since we know how fucking dirty Intel really is I wonder why anyone would still support this company by buying any of their products.

It´s just beyond me.

Also, ATI may have pulled crap but ATI isn´t anymore. It´s AMD now so, imo they´ve got like a second chance.

BTW, NVIDIA has done the same as Intel with a GPU vendor ID string check in certain games.

Well.

One thing´s for sure, I will not buy Intel, ever.

Jakob its because the average person doesn't care. The only things that the masses know is, they see intel on tv and it looks nice so it must be nice, so they must buy it. This is why you rarely see people with amd computers. So yeah people don't care about what a company does, they just want shiny stuff.

@gnomeking - Intel and AMD use CPU architectures that are very different from each other in nearly every aspect. Thus you cannot directly compare core per core between the two as what one company defines as a "core" is not necessarily how the other company also defines a "core". Clock speeds can only be compared and considered relevant within it's own family of CPUs from that manufacturer (i3's against i3's and FX 8-cores against FX 8-cores, for example). A core i5 at 3.2GHz will still blow the doors off an FX-4300 at 4.0GHz. both are considered "4 core" CPUs but the i5's architecture is vastly superior. This is nothing agains the FX-4300, but the reality is, the FX-4300 isn't even meant to compete against the i5 anyways. 

One of the major differences is IPC (instructions per clock) per core. For gaming this is very, if not, the, most important factor for gaming performance. Generally speaking, Intel CPUs have approximately twice the IPC per core vs AMDs competing CPUs. But, AMD makes up for this by using more, albeit weaker cores that run at higher clock rates. This is generally why you see FX-8350 8-core CPUs competing and performing similarly to i5 4-core CPUs in gaming.

The best way to choose a CPU is to forget who makes it, forget how many cores it has and forget the clock speeds. Consider your budget so you know approximately how much you have to put towards a CPU and then take a look at the range of CPUs at that price point and see which perform best overall for the types of tasks/games you will be using most. That should point you to the best CPU for your particular situation. 

16months- I think you're trying for a necro record here.