Why do Batman Fanboys worship Batman?

OK, I don’t mean that in a literal sense and I am being a bit hyperbolic, but why do Batman Fanboys say “Superman is overpowered” and yet contradict themselves by saying “Batman would win in a fight with Superman”. Don’t they realize they just said Batman is so overpowered, he can beat a Demi-God with resourcefulness alone and they say “Batman is more realistic”. If Superman’s abilities are unrealistic, then it’s more unrealistic to have unrealistic abilities beat by a guy in a Bat Costume.

They also act like Superman’s only weakness is a green rock and a red sun.

because comic book fans tend not to be very bright.

This includes superman fans, just so we’re clear.

2 Likes

It’s ok, I like Superman, but my motivation for this thread is “Batman Fans Y U So hypocritical?”

I think they like Batman because they can relate because he’s a mortal, yet a Marry-Sue.

I’m not a fan of Marry-Sues.

Sure. I’m just here to shit on everyone for caring so much about badly written serialized cartoons.

Only difference between comic fans and weebs is, well… Is there one?

1 Like

I thought they were written very well, well at least the DCAU was

in b4 Dragon Ball and Goku.

1 Like

I’ve never read a run by a major publisher that didn’t devolve into david cage nonsense by the last third. Much bigger fan of single volume or short run type stuff

Ah, Dragonball, AKA “Level Up, the TV Show”

Your title could just be why do ___ fanboys worship the thing they fanboy over.

Why do fanboys fanboy? Because they are fanboys

6 Likes

Think the only people who argue about that are children or man-children.

Oh, and if you think Batman fans are crazy Hulk and Storm (X-Men) are in another league of nuts.

U forgot green lantern fans

Yeah they make the Manson family look lackadaisical.

Still enjoy my silly soap operas with super powers though.

1 Like

Fans respect what they like but also don’t mind criticism or are fine that not everyone enjoys what they like.

Fanboys, on the other hand, worship what they love as if it is a God with a cult-like mindset and if you even so much criticize it or do not hold it the same regard, they go ballistic. Also, they are devoid of rationality.

1 Like

I like Batman. Superman never interested me too much. The only time Batman would ever win a fight against Superman would be if you strip them of their supernatural powers and external capabilities, which leaves them as human beings with their own wits and fists. Clark Kent knows how to throw some punches but Bruce Wayne actually knows how to fight.

Going from my limited knowledge of DC comic book heroes.

Batman, as he is most well known, is a conflicted character whereas Superman is mostly known as a boy scout. I know this is not a universal truth, but it is how the every man sees the two.

Superman was first written as the guy who always did right. He was convinced of what was right.
Batman got more popular when he was out for revenge. a hatred for evil.
Superman felt convicted to do the right thing. Batman just HATED evil.

I do not really care for either one. My favorites were always Punisher, hulk and iron man. But If I haed to stay with DC, it would be the Green Arrow. But hey. we are not all perfect.

Wendell is the only hero worth being worshiped.

praise @wendell

1 Like

Never understood the interest in stories about characters with super human abilities?

I totally understand, but I’m also well adjusted enough not to care like people that argue about cartoons do.