Why did you get an iPhone?

I've used both Android and Apple, and while we can agree and disagree about what sucks and what is great, it is all up to personal preference. All I do on my phone is text, email, and shopping. So having a iPhone is perfect for me. Someone who uses their phone more for work though, would probably prefer a Android. 

Personally I've used both devices and for someone that does a lot of multitasking/working on their phone Android might be the better solution. I can check my company based email switch to my personal, open a tab and then go back to my company email, no problem. In iOS I found it a bit hard to navigate and the homepage was a bit too cluttered for my tastes. I will admit with iOS and the Apple based computers syncing is a walk in the park. Not a fan of their software however (except OS X) iTunes, whenever I hear that name I cringe. Really one of the main things that push me from Apple based products is cost. The phones, plans, repairs, apps cost a lot of money and I get way more freedom and ability on an Android device. I think it's mostly a user preference, if you're looking to get a iPhone or Android device see if you could borrow a friend's or buy a cheap older high end phone from both markets and just play around with them and see what you like.

User preference, in a simple phrase.

Just wanted a phone...and the iphone does a pretty decent job at it, since i don't care too much for customization and it's not like i will run a bunch of apps either or games. If i wanted a portable game... ill use my Shield or GameBoy Pocket <3!

I have an iPhone 5 because it was passed down to me from my folks. 

It does the job great for me because i don't exactly look for much in a phone. I use it for calls, webs readz, music and that's about it.

The only thing i hate about it is not having the ability to increase storage because i have a large and rapidly increasing music library. 

Work gave me a 5s. It isn't bad but doesn't "wow".

Feels like the McDonald's of phones. 

Frankly cuz I have a well curated itunes library and I'm too lazy to figure out how to get everything to work with android, also androids music app isn't quite as good. I also like to use my phone as a phone, and the iphone does a pretty good job at being a phone most of the time too;)

I got a 4S because I used to be a jailbreak tweak/theme developer. Now I am afraid to get rid of it because I have small hands and even the 5 & 5S are to large for me to use with-out using my other hand for the top half. I want to switch to Android but haven't found a high end phone with good build quality, great camera, and is iPhone 4S sized. 

You can do that stuff on a $100 phone comfortably. The simplicity of the iphone would make sense if it was cheaper not in the top poweruser price range of phones

because it's cool to take a selfies with it