Why Consoles are Better than PC's ( The Never Ending War )

Wii U, the console approved by PC gamers.

Sorry for responding without reading all of the replies (too many, too long)

Why Consoles are better than PC's?

1) They have open low hardware lvl access

2) Usually custom made hardware which is always good to see.

3) Gaming programers will find-out/learn new ways how to optimize their code resulting in a push forward in engines not only on consoles but also PC's

4) Designed for people whom PC confuses and is too hard to operate.

There might be more hidden ones but those are most important.

I don't disagree with anything that you've stated. In time, PCs will become more convenient, and as a result, I think PC will take over the console market. They will go away, like the arcades. I can't see it any other way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGI8iYjk0rc&list=UUXuqSBlHAE6Xw-yeJA0Tunw

PCs are already starting to like consoles.

buy what you want... the games will be the same, more or less... same gameplay and dlc nonsense...

the pc version will be gimped so the graphics will be the same as console given viewing distance, unless you want to tinker (hence the appeal to this site's users).

also with consoles you don't really have to put up with cheaters as much (aimbots, wall hacks and such)...

i agree with your mentality completely. HOWEVER, i do not think the determining factor will be hardware. it will be the games. even if PC prices come down, people will still buy Consoles for certain games. people will buy a console for Halo, Uncharted, Last of Us, Fighting Games, JRPGS, etc.

but i honestly don't care what happens as long as there are great games. hell, a PS4 is $399. that is dirt cheap. if $399 will grant me the ability to play Guilty Gear Xrd, FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3, future Street Fighter and Marvel VS games, etc., then i am all for it. 

and on a side note.... (in response to your vid) don't tell the owner of the Galloping Ghost that arcades are dead <.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPW7G6Oe2xc

The only fighting games I care about and King of Fighters, Street Fighter. And some older arcade games so pc works for me. I understand your position. And that works for you so game on.

But arcade are dead. And Primal Rage 2 looks like it sucks. So his judgement is not sound. lol 

well, the reason primal rage 2 is so interesting is because there are only 2 boards in existence. the game was never finished or released (i think it is build 0.6 or something lol). and the only public playable version of it is at galloping ghost. 

Thanks I knew all this. I may have played the same machine in Chicago ten years ago. They used to have a show there that is like California extreme. Don't know if its still there. But anyway one of the prototypes was on display. Was in a much different cab. Anyway played about 15 min and was about as impressed as I was with the first game. 

The second day I could not play it because I guess the display was acting funny and the guy that owned it said it was most likely a bad JAMMA connection. 

Any way that's my story about Rage 2 and to be fair I only have an option based off of 15 min of play.

i remember playing Primal Rage on the SNES when i was like 7, and it is honestly not my type of fighter :P

on another side note.. i am building a PS2/PS3/PC arcade stick. should be very fun to use on the PC.

None of the first 3 make consoles better, they may be cool but that doesn't make them better at all. the 4th one is subjective. 

It took a few minutes, but I replied to most of the statements you mentioned.

-CONSOLES- Cheaper

Only in the short run, if you actually play games after some time a PC will be cheaper

-Easier to use

Yes, toys are easy to use

-THEY'RE * FUTURE PROOF *

Nothing is "future proof".  Everyone and everything will succumb to entropy eventually

-$400, the type of pc you get can't max out games

Neither can the consoles, don't see why this needs to be said

-Nor will it be able to do any serious gaming or editing

Dark Souls is a really serious game and it would run just fine on a 400 dollar PC, and as for editing, the consoles can't edit period.

-if you can build a pc for $300

I don't see why you would need to.  Almost every house in the US has a PC in it, a 300 dollar

Upgrade would be sufficient for a PC

-Most $2000 computers from 2005 can't run it as smooth as a console

Yes, PC hardware does get better over time. What a clever observation

-you'll need to have upgraded the HDD, Motherboard, Processor, Ram, just tobe able to keep up with newest games

Nope, you won't be able to max out the latest games, but all the ones you already have will

Still work the same.  Still not seeing your point

-." It's not piracy Opt! "

How can it be piracy if it is impossible to get it any other way?

-You can edit videos off your pc, again, if you hardware is powerful enough

No, you can edit a video with pretty much any PC, if you have a lower end model then it just takes a really long time

- Even et into modding games, editing coding, html,etc

Is English your first language?

-Both Have Ups and Downs-

Yes, one is used for everything and in the long run is a better deal, the other is a toy

- for example.If you

This is not how you start a sentence

- You'll be able to surf the web, stream,

You're way more limited with a console doing this then with a PC

- You'll be able to surf the web, stream, and play with friends

Only if you pay for it

-but your basically forced to upgrade, or own outdated hardware

There is nothing shameful about owning outdated hardware.  Despite what you might see in forums and image boards most people aren’t running dual GPUs and core i7’s with a triple monitor display.  Most existing hardware is outdated because money is tough.

-Consoles offer you that * Guaranteed * that years from now you'll still be able to play.

I can still play Doom and Populus that came out in the early 90’s.  Find me a console that can play modern games and classic games from 20 years ago.

-Unless your a wii u gamer haha

The only console that isn’t trying to be a shit PC

-They just wanna get on and game

Well not always, my education and job requires that I use Matlab, LabView and other demanding software, so it’s nice to be able to go from gaming and working all on the same productivity machine.

-Not worry about needing a strongergraphics card to handle crisis 3

Again, there is no shame on owning lower end hardware. If you can’t, or just don’t want to, upgrade, the game looks just fine at 720p, or lower.  THAT’S WHY GAMES HAVE OPTION MENUES.

Don't forget Backwards compatability!!***