Why are people believing propaganda of electric cars being more environmentally friendly

Thoriums Hammer? :grinning:

1 Like

we'll just hit cars with a fancy golden hammer until everything i solved...

1 Like

That's the Jeremy Clarksonโ„ข approach.

I think I was thinking generators for some reason and typed turbines bc I saw turbines. Idk. I done goofed.
And yes the world hasn't come very far since the 1800s. Train and ship is still the best way to move a mountain and the telegram was light speed communication. Not to mention the goal of power gen still hasn't chnaged. What's the best way to heat water.

I am concerned by how few of my links have numbers next to them...

:worried:

1 Like

The only real option would be nuclear fusion in local production. That is just never going to happen. Even the hippies who wanted to drive electric cars in the 60's and 70's, only came to that idea thanks to cheap abundant nuclear fission power. It'll be two more generations before this can be solved, but that will not happen, because the centralisation of power will not allow it, they would rather let the world sink into a 500 year long second medieval period and then pick up again afterwards with less than a billion people on the entire planet.

Which is why I didn't post any papers. No one ever reads them. I will later but I'm working on something now that requires me to sorta pay attention.

Microwave tankless hot water systems

Look at my profile description. :wink:
I read too much... even have a database of papers & books I built that I can quick search based on vague terms and word equivalency matching. It's really useful for this kind of stuff. my writeups took me all of 5mins. I'm a bit crazy perhaps. :laughing:

Yeah good luck with that.
And I meant the question us power engineers ask our selves.

I got into engineering for my two favorite things. A hot shower and a cold drink.

It's an automotive science thread. I am dictator of this thread. And I say give me curly fries drenched in 10k gold.

oh...i got into engineering for lightsabers...but i suppose hot shower and cold drinks are good too

I made that response in a half joking half serious way, but I know what you mean.

No I understand. One problem with microwaves is that you have the retards who think they give you cancer. Thanks South Park.

You can make your own electricity by bending some tubing. Putting it in a water heater. And boiling the water with wood.

Might want to reconsider that. As a Mod @Eden is the supreme leader of all threads.

1 Like

That's pretty much in line with what I remember last time I looked into this. The down side with solar is you can't use fixed figures for the level of power production and you have at best 10 hours of running time. You would need an array on the other side of the planet and that pretty much meant a world grid. You also have to factor in something like 3x over generation and tie in Hydro and Wind to go 100% green at that point it becomes priced out of the market.

A world grid is moot, because line losses.
Localised independent power production is where it's at. Or Fusion for large urban areas, if we dream (AND ACTUALLY WORK AT IT TOO).

"Studies suggest" and "Proven" are very different. This is bad research, I'm being generous in even calling it that, and you should feel bad for perpetuating this non-science.

1 Like

But it is used as a race track, that point is moot.

FTFY

It can.

4 Likes