Who the fk would actually buy one of these?

I'm confused as to the new Asus Predator laptop from CES? Is there a market for this sort of thing? Who are they targeting?
Would YOU buy one if you do/if you had the means to?

1 Like

People bought the vw new beetle.

11 Likes

7 Likes

Somebody with more money than I.

I'd think it would be some businessman who wants to game while in flight, but the thing probably sounds like an Atlas V taking off, so it's probably not going to be well received by their fellow passengers.

1 Like

Haha throw in a charger and a bag and that's around 10kgs [approx 22 pounds], that would take up most if not all of the hand luggage weight allowance on a flight! I'm sure it would break the fold down tray too haha!

2 Likes

It looks like a 90's nightmare.

2 Likes

You're right. These dudes would likely use it.

1 Like

Watching the video,

120 gigahertz refresh rate

So fast!

Digging that song hard

That thing is literally a portable desktop.

Dual 1080s, 5 hard drive slots. curved ultrawide screen, mechanical keyboard.

If I had the moeny, I would buy that. It would be great as long as you think of it as a portable desktop, and not a laptop. The battery life is probably 5 minutes.

Some of the things I have been seeing at CES are niche af... But cool nonetheless.

Also as @Phantom said, pretty sure this think would drop to 50% after the splash screen.

At that price no, with that design no. But a high power 21:9 laptop with built in mech board... Hells yeah.

1 Like

At that point just skip the battery and ship it with a portable UPS. They'd at least free up some cooling space that way.

I don't know why this popped into my head...lol

If I was still in my job that had me traveling all the time, was only at my house for a month or so a year, I would be getting one to game and watch movies.

People with more money than sense.

That being said, I'd totally use it as a daily if it was given to me. Just to expensive.

You'd get buff shoulders having to carry it everywhere haha

Already got those ;)

Source: Just got back from the gym doing shoulders and chest.

I know prices for laptops are premium, but to they know what desktop I could build for 9K?
I could build one that destroys lives.

1 Like

I hope it kicks off because I'm going to bring to market 4 legs to mount to the bottom of it. $20.

4 Likes