Who makes the bare chassis for GPU servers?

I have been trying to find out who makes bare server chassis for lots of GPU’s with 2000-3000watt power supply capabilities. All I can find are complete setups.

I’m trying to educate myself for a future build.

I notice supermicro have what I’m talking about as an assembled unit but they won’t sell it as a bare chassis.

@wendell I hate to bother you but you may know what kind of thing I’m talking about.

Everyone who makes server chassis’s make GPU chassis as well, though “barebone” chassis are all still gonna have a motherboards and PSUs. Note that most are meant for compute, which means they are intended to pair with extreme PCIe count chips like Epyc. You can find some capable of 4 cards in a 2U chassis, though note there are strict size limitations on all of the PCIe slots in any server chassis.

Look at Supermicro, Tyan, Asrock rack, Gigabyte, and there are others I forget offhand.

If you are looking for a mining rack, I haven’t looked into that, but sounds like a bespoke sort of market.

The build I did for Lowell support more than 4 gpus. Gigabyte chassis

There is a 4 GPU chassis as well

No no no interest in mining. This is for a future desire to build a personal “supercomputer”

Wow some great stuff on their site. I guess buying a case already with a motherboard and such things makes it easier just takes some of the assembly run away.

Huge thanks for that.

One thing I forgot to mention is if the chassis page doesn’t explicitly mention how many gpus it can support, even if it looks like a card could fit, there probably won’t be any available power connections from the PSU/power distributor. You sound like you’re going for a proper gpu compute chassis, but I just wanted to make sure there are no surprises.

1 Like

Exactly even if I don’t fill it to capacity straight away it gives me room. Going with ridiculously high wattage power supplies right from the start makes sense to me as I have single phase 230volt and 400 volt three phase available at my house do power is not a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.