Who is your Favorite Manufacturer?

Right now i drive an Mercedes C class, had an E class, Alfa Romeo, Peugeot, VW , Subaru, Hyundai and Zastava 101 comfort before it. Can't tell you which is the best but I can tell you that VW, Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat aren't good manufactures.

World's fastest refrigerator!

1 Like

Well to be fair, nowdays all car manuafacturers arent that special anymore.
Even the Germans are nothing special.
Most car company's are a co company from one of the bigger dogs like VAG, Fiat group, GM, Renault group etc.
This makes it that allot of cars from diffrent brands share technics and platforms etc.

Mercedes benz might be on its way back up, with their newly cars.
But they had a very bad period.

Platformization has reduced car company uniqueness Now its all about your first experience with a car that holds you loyal. I like ford. Never had one break. They always go past 300k miles (HARSH miles in the north) for me. General routine maintenance is easy and their new cars have a lot of creature comforts and have quite the peppy little engines in them.

If we want to go by category the most fiscally responsible car company has been Ford. They never got bailed out and at one point they were the largest global car company in the world.

If we want to go the luxury route id say Rolls Royce has it down pack (Owned by BMW now)

Volkswagen has the "anyone can have a car" appeal.

I could go on but you get it

So about ford..

I REALLY love this manufacturer.. If I was an AE (Automotive Engineer) id want to work for them forever

1 Like

this is one of those questions that is actually best answered with "what are you planning to do with it?" But all automakers have their models they wish the world would forget about; Ford's Granada, BMW's E65, Cadillac 468, Lexus' ....anything
Most vehicles sold in first world countries have horse shit added to them due to pretentious clients who like to debate the best seat cover textures, or which car has a far superior TPMS. so, it is not uprising that most use platforms so as to cheapen production and add in more bullshit for added costs.
I am also a blue oval freak, But I assert that all manufacturers had their gems...wel, minus lexus...and SMART

I like Cadillac the Best. Roomy, comfortable, reliable, and powerful. They also look nice and menacing.

Yeah the only big con of cadilacs, they never reach their advertised Horse power figures.
But for the rest they arent bad.

lol.

I like me some Jeeps. They aren't quite as amazing as they once were but the quality is still a step above the rest, you can easily put 300k+ miles on their cherokees, there's few vehicles that aren't diesel that will run that long.
Edit: thought every person i've known with that many miles on a Cherokee as had at least one or two of the windows fall off their gliders... weird as fuck. it's a Jeep thing i guess.

1 Like

I have and will always be a GM man, I owned a ford once, never again, that car was the reason I became a mechanic and I just stuck with doing that for 16 years (just gave it up this year due to growing physical health issues, mainly back and shoulder issues).

Mercedes and Volvo. Had an BMW, it was peace of crap. Had an Opel, rust was faster then Opel. Drove Audi and it was the worst car i ever had.