Whisk(e)y

It’s a Classic Laddie.

Laphroaig QC is spectacular, even the wife likes it.

2 Likes

Had before but at a bar in not quite the right glassware. Definitely want to explore it again. Unpeated Islay is interesting.

For those curious, I’m not sure how up to date this currently is, but it should be close.

My whisky collection on Whizzky
http://www.whizzky.net/collection.php?ide={04C66C9B-E846-73E0-4A60-740B9698AA2A}

1 Like

Ardbeg Uigeadail is quite Excellent.

1 Like

My “collection” lasts me a week at a time and is usually just a bottle of Jameson… BUT my sister just got engaged last week and is doing a family wedding in a park in 2 weeks. I was thinking buying a 100-150ish bottle for a wedding gift.

Any reccomendations? I have access to two local liquor stores and maybe an online order if I put it in now.

Never spent more than $50 on a 750ml in my life. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are ones that i have had and enjoyed with-in that price range
Buffalo Trace $25 for 750Ml
Eagles Rare about $40 750ml
Rebel Yell about $45 750ml
Bulleit 10 year $40
Straight Edge $50
Yellowstone Select $45
Suntory Whisky - Japanese Whisky $40
Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey - $40

I hope this helps.

1 Like

That’s a great list and I’ll keep it in mind when buying for myself. But for an impromptu wedding gift for my new brother in law I’m thinking 100-150 USD… Something he can enjoy a year from now or save for 10+ years. Thanks again!

For that prize range get Blantons it can go for $100. This does not hit the range but Dalwhinnie Distillers Edition (single malt scotch) around $80. This drinks like water.

as the current Scotsman in the thread, I would like to remind drinkers that they are allotted two [2] drops of water in their Scotch. Use of the frozen element will net them eternity in Hell.

Thank You.

3 Likes

If you like Jameson I would probably look into Green Spot, Redbreast and Teeling. Those are Irish Whiskeys, but have been distilled with a pot still for a bit more complexity. Those also have been aged longer as well.

My ultimate pick with be Redbreast 15 or 21 if you want to splurge.

Normally neat myself. But on a hot day a highball is nice, normally only use blended Scotch for highballs.

2 Likes

House rule stop at half bottle can only be drunk if replacement on hand or if company comes over. Bullet is mixing bottle

Top two there are the Angles Envy (gonna need to go pick up another from the store that had like 5-6 in stock) and the KAIYO MIZUNARA OAK WHISKY

2 Likes

What I normally do if I hit below 50-30% on a bottle is make that my focus. I will only drink that till it is gone it also become my cooking spirit for deglazing and the such.

Could do 10 bottles 1 bottle to be opened on each anniversary (altho $400 is quite a bit more then 100-150 so maybe drop down to 5)

I wanted to recommend Glenmorangie Signet as a nice wedding gift, but after looking at some prices in the US, damn, stuffs expensive over there.

Same store different location (one actually near me)

2 Likes

That’s MUCH more like it. Clearly I just don’t know where to look over there.

Totalwine and more is pretty nation wide (note quite but a ton of locations) and has pretty much all their stuff online. In case you ever wanna see what prices are like

206 stores in 26 states

Some states access is controlled by the state such as in PA. So you can only get what the state run store has.

1 Like

10 Likes

Here’s hoping a trade deal with the US gets rid of the import tax. It’s something like 25% to import into the US.

2 Likes