Which VPN service can be used in Windows 10 without additional software?

I have used PrivateInterentAccess last year, but it did not work without their software, which was often very buggy, so I eventually canceled it. Is there anything else that you can recommend at a similar pricing point?

I'm willing to bet it was windows having problems with the software rather than the software being faulty.

1 Like

You could have technically used their proxy service if you don't want to use their software. Just as fast but won't funnel everything through the encrypted service. Just programme specifically designed to use proxies. Or you could have looked at how their vpn worked and see if you can manually set it up through windows settings

1 Like

I did try to set it up through Settings but it would never connect. Is that one really the best?

Not the best, that is totally dependent on what you're looking for and your geographical location. Best thing, find a list of good vpns and trial them all. A lot of vpn services offer a cheap trial that you can buy

2 Likes

What issues did you have with PIA specifically? I've had zero issues with it on Windows 10. There are ways to route all traffic through your router to a VPN which sounds like your ideal solution. As far as windows goes I'm not aware of a way.

1 Like

You can use pretty much any vpn service with openvpn but if you absolutely don't want to install any additional software then look for a vpn service which has pptp or l2tp. You should be able to configure these within windows without any additional software, but openvpn is a much better protocol.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I will give purevpn a spin for start

1 Like