Which video card is better of these two?

I am debating which of these two video cards to get. It is between the EVGA GeForce 9600 GSO and the XFX GeForce 9600 GSO. They are basically the same but I believe the major difference between the two is the memory. The EVGA has 384mb of GDDR3 and the XFX has 768mb of DDR2. Any suggestions are welcomed. Also, if you find a video card which is better than them and is under or about $110.00 I would love to have a look!

Here are some specs:

[b][u]EVGA GeForce 9600 GSO[/u][/b]

RAMDAC: 400 MHz

Additional Features:

HDCP Enabled

SLI Ready

DirectX 10

PCI Express 2.0

Game Physics Capable

Shader Model 4.0, Nvidia CUDA Technology, OpenGL 3.0

Video Memory: 384MB

Memory Type: DDR3

Core Clock: 550 MHz

Memory Interface: 192-bit

Memory Clock: 1600 MHz

Stream Processors: 96

Interface Type: PCI Express 2.0

Interface Speed: x16

Connector(s): Dual DVI (Dual Link)

Dual VGA (w/adapters)

HDTV Support

Multiple Monitors Support: Yes

Max. Monitors Supported: 2

Operating Systems: Windows® XP Windows Vista

Power Requirement: 400-Watt power supply

[b][u]XFX GeForce 9600 GSO[/u][/b] (Didn't have that many specs)

Maximum Digital Resolution: 1600 x 1200

Video Memory: 768MB

Memory Type: DDR2

Memory Clock: 1000 MHz

Interface Type: PCI Express 2.0

Connector(s): S-Video

HDTV

Dual DVI (Dual Link)

Power Requirement: 400-Watt power supply

PS:

This is my first post. Hello to everyone!

:)

just get the 9800 gt is better all around

but i go with evga obecaue they have the step up program and life time warranty

I'd say go with the XFX 9600 GSO. That would be the better of the two since it has a higher memory buffer. Also, XFX now offers Lifetime Warranty, but doesn't have the 24/7 support like EVGA (It's not like you're gonna be up at 4AM screwing with your hardware). XFX cards are just as good, but usually the cooling is a bit less extravagant. Here's the EVGA 9600 GSO with the 768 MB GDDR3 Buffer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130362. You know, just in case. It's out of stock right now, but still, and its $9 more. =/

depends on your resolution. what resolution will you be playing games at?

My resolution is 1280x1024.

woah, they have openGL 3.0 now? and i would go for 9800GT

evga.

at your resolution those cards will work really well.

for like a 110 you could get a 9800gt, but at that resolution the performance wouldn't be that much better. a decent and possibly worth while amount but nothing crazy.

i agree, at that resolution evga

simple answer evga for lower res xfx for higher res. Both are great tho for the price

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! If they will both work well at the resolution, I will most likely get the EVGA, considering its only $50 after rebates!

Will the EVGA play Far Cry 2 or Crysis at at least medium settings?

Medium for sure, especially at your resolution, so...have you decided on the 9600GSO? Because prices might go down, and like, in a month, with Core i7, Black Friday, Thanksgiving and whatnot, I'm pretty sure there will be some kickass deals on....oh...say...a 9800GTX?

That's a good point snarlingchicken! I may just wait until black Friday like you suggest. I only hope the prices on the 9800 GTX's drop. And if they don't, it would be a shame passing up a 9600 for $50. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see what happens.

;)

get the 9800gtx+ any make as long as they have good warranty like ASUS

i have an

ASUS EN9800GTX+

and I play all my games (except crysis obviosly) on max settings on 1680 x 1050 and it runs all above 50 fps on every game

EVGABrand ftw

i dont think any of you actually read. hes looking for a card under 110. the 9800gtx + will not, not go under 110, theres just no way. maybe the 8800gt would, its the exact same as 9800gt but cheaper, so if you can afford that i would get that. if not, theres nothing wrong with the 9600

i have the 8800 GS SC, it is the extact same card different cooler. I can play farcry2 1024 768 high-veryhigh. Since mine is oc u can probably play all on high at that res

[img]http://www.geekologie.com/2008/10/27/pumpkin-1.jpg[/img]

@George: I'm well aware of his budget, if you bothered to read my post, you'd know what I said, so I'll post it again for you. "Medium for sure, especially at your resolution, so...have you decided on the 9600GSO? [u]Because prices might go down, and like, in a month, with Core i7, Black Friday, Thanksgiving and whatnot, I'm pretty sure there will be some kickass deals on....oh...say...a 9800GTX[/u]?"

50 dollars is hard to beat for a card that plays everything