Which should I choose R9 285 or R9 290?

I just posted my 290 up for sale

Just look in the B/S/T forum , a guy is selling his R9 290 vapor x there , try barganing for 300$

Or if you're in the EU I'm selling 2 290's too .

The 970 is a good buy , but the prices might shoot up by xmas / 290's come down .

Yeah, I live in Malaysia... Just the postage alone will kill me, not to mention the risk of the card not making it to me in 1 piece after all that transport, I am scared man.

Plus there's every chance more cards will have released by then.

I did not seen any benchmarks from the new 970 yet. So i cannot tell if its better then a 290 or not.

Till now i only saw GTX980 benchmarks, but they still look a bit strange to me. ☺

GTX980 seems to beat the GTX780Ti, offcourse maxwell has some improvements over GK110 in terms of power efficiency and anti alliasing, but tis still the same 28nm proces, and still the same cuda core right?

The GTX780Ti has 2880 cuda cores, and the GTX980 has 2048. de benchmarks that ive seen sofar, is that the GTX980 beats the 780Ti, which sounds a bit strange to me. Unless Nvidia realy has massivly improved theire cuda core, but i doubt about that. But in terms of power ussage, the new maxwell gpu´s look promissing.

I going to wait for some Logan / Wendell viewing on this.

But im personaly even more interessted in the new R9-300 series that are comming up hopefully very quick after thise new Nvidia launch. i have seen some impressive rumours about them.

The reasons why are the compression of the renders , 4x the controllers ( instead of one for 2880 cores , they have 4 for 2048 ) *I think*

But the 970 is ~20% slower ( 19 %) than the 980 , it really blew my mind , it beats the 290x by ~10% everywhere .

Welp, 980 is expensive.. Since 970 is already out of my budget(I am going to get it anyway) I'll settle down with the 970.