Which Ryzen 3000 Motherboard is good for VFIO?

I have a VFIO gpu passthrough going on with my current system and since it’s Prime Day, I wanted to upgrade to Ryzen 3000. With my current system I have to use an ACS override patch to get around bad iommu groupings. Since I have to get a new motherboard anyways if I want to get Ryzen 3000, I wanted to ask: which motherboard should I buy that has good IOMMU groupings for VFIO gpu passthrough so that I don’t need to use an ACS patch?

Hi !

I’m also interested to know which mother board I should buy with a lower price (than the ASRock Taichi and Aeorus Master presented here

as a possible solution with great IOMMU grouping) for my Ryzen 9 that I will receive this wednesday. It’s pretty difficult to find information online. We should wait some review I guess.

2 Likes

Due to a sale on Newegg, I decided to get a 2950x instead of a new ryzen 3900x because it was selling for the same price as the 3900x. Now that I have this CPU, it’s time to pick a motherboard. So, same question as before, just a little modified. Which motherboard should I get for a 2950x that has good IOMMU groupings for VFIO gpu passthrough?

I wasn’t sure if I should make a new thread since this is the same situation and I didn’t want to spam, but if someone thinks I should I will, of course.

The Asrock Taichi lineup has Wendell’s recommendation for VFIO.

For X570 though, that changed to the Aorus Master. Wendell likes the Aorus Master over the Taichi.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the answer, that helps me immensely!

Do you have a link/details?

Also, anyone have any info on the ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE yet?

1 Like

Just look at the replies: