Which nvidia turing card are you most interested in?

I am really interested in seeing how well the 2060 GTX. Because the 1060 is a solid card to begin with. And it can make a decent card for 1440p gaming. Not saying it is a good card for 1440p gaming. But can get the job done if you want 1440p. I also have interest if there are going to be any 8gb models or of the 2060 as well. if it is indeed going to be comparable to a 1070 or a 1080.

1 Like

Just beware that TU106 is already the RTX 2070, so it could be that the GTX 2060 is a rebrand of a Pascal card. If it is indeed a Pascal rebrand, just get Pascal while you still can. 1080s are going for way cheaper than before right now.

3 Likes

I rather get a new evga card. Instead of taking a chance on a mined gpu.

I meant buy a new Pascal GPU while there’s still stock of them. Like RIGHT NOW.

1 Like

I would do that. But this thread is about turing gpu’s.

1 Like

None of them. Reminds me too much of PhysX, wich went nowhere.

3 Likes

Not true. Ageia made PhysX and sold it to Nvidia after that.

No, Nvidia bought the whole company.

1 Like

I miss add-on cards for extra stuff.

1 Like

Well Nvidia sure isn’t going to help you there :laughing:

1 Like

Yay! Less stuff!

Checkout r/hardwareswap on Reddit. Really good deals on 1080 Tis and Vega 64s right now.

1 Like

None, because my 980 Ti is still plenty useful.

4 Likes

at the moment, none

need to see some actual tangible difference first for me to be interested.

None, because my Vega56 is already fine for 4K gaming!

2 Likes

I’ll be interested in turing in whatever follows the 2k series, by then my 980ti will be about 4-5 years old and that generation xx60 or xx70 will be my target

2 Likes

Yep, my 980ti isn’t going anywhere until 7nm.

Though, the high refresh 1440p performance on the 2000 series is pretty nice.

1 Like

Only the RTX 2080 Ti and that’s only because it’s the strongest GPU now, not worth it’s price/performance at all, and the RTX 2080/2070 are absolutely not worth it over the GTX 1080/Ti.

1 Like

I wonder how long gddr6’s life span would be. And if AMD has something to show this year. I hope it’s a good one upper.