Which motherboard for non-K Intel CPU

I accidentally killed my Ryzen build and would like to rebuild my living room setup. But this time I’d like to go Intel due to a rather bad experience with the AM4 platform.

I’m primarily looking at the i5 10600 or the i7 10700 non-k CPU’s. I’m not going to overclock and the ram speed which these CPU’s operate on is more than adequate.

Watching/reading motherboard reviews feels kinda one-sided. It’s all about overclocking and VRM temperatures. Does this matter with non-K CPUs or will all motherboards manage to run these CPU’s within spec?

I’d like to stay with mITX due to it being a living room build. That limits the options to the following MB’s:

ASRock B460M-ITX/AC - 138$
ASRock H470M-ITX/AC - 172$
Asus Strix B460-I Gaming - 193$
Asus Strix H470-I Gaming - 206$
ASRock Z490M-ITX/AC - 218$
Biostar Racing Z490GTN - 258$

I would really like WiFi 6 for futureproofing. That further limits the choice to the Asus boards.

Am I overthinking this? Should I just purchase which ever board has the feature set I need?

I’m not expecting a big revolution in CPU performance when it comes to 4K gaming, so I might as well buy the MB+CPU now and get it ready for when the new GPU’s launch.

Long answer short: Go with the board that has the feature set you need/want.

Thanks! I’ll look into cases that fits in my living room, then order a motherboard that has the features I need.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.