Which Mobo for i5 4670k?

I know I know I know xD

I did suggest the G45, first of all.

Ah fuck it I'll get the G45.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ok, so I was about to order the MSI G45 Gaming board from Scan. However when I scrolled down to read the reviews, there were a few comments saying that the BIOS updates brick the motherboard. I'm unsure whether to buy it or not now. Any advice?

I don't think it is likely that you will run into issues. If that motherboard doesn't have some kind of BIOS flashback, then you're welcome to choose a motherboard with a bit more swag. scchhwweeeggg

After the doing some reading I went ahead and ordered the board. I think as long as I'm careful about which updates I install and how I update the BIOS, I should be OK.

Same with any other board. Download the wrong update and it will brick it. It's not motherboard specific. Should be fine, man

Hey Berserker. I got the mobo and everything's set up and running fine. I had bit of a noob crisis though. My CPU temps were nearing 100 degrees cause like a total derp I hadn't attached my CPU fan properly lol. I installed the drivers off of the disc, but I'm only going to take a look at updating them when my system performance starts lagging. I just wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction purchase-wise (yet again). It's been a bit of a nightmare switching over to PC and I really appreciate the help/advice you've given me. Hopefully this time I'll have it for more than a month this time lol.

Once it is up and running it's a breeze, mostly. Just ask questions on the forum if you need help, as I often do. We all need help from time to time.