Which heatsink do I want?

Hello all, 

I am currently running an AMD FX-8350 with a Radeon 7870 Ghz and I am looking to overclock my CPU. Right now, I am using the stock heatsink (which is a loud piece of garbage) and I was wondering which heatsink I would want. I have been looking at the Hyper 212 Evo and the Enermax ETS-T40 but I don't know what it is that I need. Also, I have a Noctua NH-D14 that I got as a present from a friend (however, it is the SE2011 version so it is not compatible with my MOBO) so I was wondering if I should return that and get the right model or just pocket the extra cash and invest into something else.

By the way, I am not going water cooling because where I live it is too dry and dusty and I do not want it. AT ALL.

Thanks in advanced for any and all help,

Lonnie D.

I've heard if you contact Noctua they will send you the AMD mounting hardware for free. This is only something I heard, I don't use Noctua or care for them much so I don't know enough to verify.

thanks, I will try to contact them :)

Yeah i have heard the exact same about Noctua(mainly from the forum user Beezelybuz). They are apparently very good to their customers. Giving long customer warranties and being very friendly and understanding about any problems you have.

Email Noctua thay will send you a mounting kit for AM3+ ..... [email protected]