Which headphones is best?

Yee, without proper disclosure you can get in a lot of trouble with the FTC. But instead of getting into politics about disclosures/endorsements, let’s get the mods to delete this post first.

Well ok, maybe not ban the motherfucker, and instead of deleting the thread, maybe just delete the link to make it into an actual discussion.

If it will go this way, on topic: I’ve got myself an AKG K240 for the office place years ago. They have those soft embouchures (fleece, I think) instead of the usual plastic ones, which would start fracturing and flaking off by now. Love’em.

@Alston I edited your post to remove the link. If this ain’t just spam feel free to continue the discussion but if your going to link to your stuff be upfront about it and don’t link and run.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20170823-091506_01
Hmm… Ok.
Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Fuck off! :fu: :stuck_out_tongue:

M40x are really nice cans, especially for the price.

1 Like

They are good, but you gotta replace the pads.

Stock pads :nauseated_face:

Only stock pads that I don’t mind are the SHP 9500 pads as well as the Sennheiser HD 598 pads.

I tried switching pads on the M40x but whatever I put on there it did not work for me in terms of sound. The treble was just too much. The stock pads are not comfy at all, I agree. But I had HD280pros on my ears for years, they don’t feel pain anymore. :wink:

Best headphones on the planet are Grado.

I’m running a Schiit stack and my only pair of headphones (RS1e) - like most things that I buy/own, I tend to go for something decent or wait/research till I can acquire said item later on. Sure, not the most expensive Grados, but not the cheapest either. It’s at the price point that once you exceed it, you start to see diminishing returns in audio-signature quality…

I wanted these to be audiophile centric primarily, but also double for gaming as needed. Just ordered an Antlion Mod Mic v5; I’m hoping this combo will work.

That said, I’m planning to get Sennheiser HD800 or HD 800s - still undecided; yes, these are outrageously priced, but I’m curious to see what all the fuss is about.

_NKN0909

_NKN0907

1 Like

Subjectively, under US$100 i’d say Creative Aurvana Live! 2 (better known as CAL!2) or Audio Technica ATH-M40X.
My CAL!2 has about 400/450 hours on it, it sounds lovely!
img_20170304_172336216
IMG_20171114_144524

Haven’t you heard about Stax?

Since the most recent post are three months later. These do fall under a necro. Thread is locked.