What's Your Saddest 'Stuck On The Side Of The Road' Story?

always carry beer in trunk....its sadness relief in a can

1 Like

Worse experience I had was a flat tire and my old trusty jack crapped out. Was in college at the time, and the few friends I could call on wasn't picking up. My car was parked on the shoulder of the freeway where there was some marshy grass. It was around the beginning of April and the mosquitoes were out and it felt like hoards of them flooded the area b/c I was there. I did luckily get in touch with one friend who could help me out after they got off work so I had to wait an hr more for them to arrive. The car I had at the time was a '92 Honda Accord and to my surprise the bumper was on its last leg and a/b to fall off. I just pulled it off so I wouldn't eventually lose it once I got to drive off. So I been waiting for maybe a total of 2 and a half hours until my friend shown up and the whole time I been outside with shorts on. It was dark and hard to see so whatever the marshy grass was it had been rubbing against my leg each time I went around to the flat tire. So once I finally changed out the tire I drove back to my dorm. I instantly started itching for no apparent reason. Maybe up to an hr later, my whole body breaks out in hives and I was itching nonstop and the bumps that came hurt like h3ll. I had no idea how to get rid of it. I had class in the morning and needed to go to sleep and took a shower to cool off my skin from the breakout but that didnt help. I pretty much just dealt with the pain until my body gave out and I fell asleep. The next morning the bumps were gone. Fast forward to almost 2 yrs later, I already graduated from college. I bought my first house and I was dating this female. I had to cut the grass in the backyard for the first time that was up to my waist level and I was in shorts and a tank top. What a dumb mistake... After an hour or so, I have another episode of me breaking out in hives agin, smh... I itched and it hurt like h3ll (of course). I looked on the internet for remedies for my situation and one said to rub your body with baking soda. I tried doing that before I took a shower but all that did was irritate the bumps on my skin and dry them out... So my girlfriend at the time called me and I told her a/b my breakouts, and she recommended that I try taking some Benodryl, and so I did that and within the hour, my bumps were gone... I let her know how appreciative I was but I was also irritable at the same time. I mentioned to her, "Where dafuq were u at when I broke out in hives the first time" LOL. It was in jest but ever since then on I've always kept a spare bottle of Benodryl at my house.

1 Like

Lol, I learned to drive in that kind of weather, last fall we got hit really hard with rain storms one after another. I've found that once you hit that degree of visibility you just turn the wipers off and let a film of water form over your windshield. The visibility is still horrible but you can stay in your lane that way.