What's your power supply?

Even though I got a 4-Way SLI board, I currently own 1 video card.

Although the PSU that I got is a Silverstone ST1500. Dissapointing if you ask me unless I went for 4 video cards in the future.

Ratchet said:

Even though I got a 4-Way SLI board, I currently own 1 video card.

Although the PSU that I got is a Silverstone ST1500. Dissapointing if you ask me unless I went for 4 video cards in the future.

why dish out that much for a mobo if your gonna use one GPU?lol

Corsair 1000hx

I have an ultra 500w. 2 years going and she spent 1 yr running 24/7. inexpensive and good quality. the down side is its a bit noisey but not enough to overpower my extra fans.

I have an ultra 500w. 2 years going and she spent 1 yr running 24/7. inexpensive and good quality. the down side is its a bit noisey but not enough to overpower my extra fans.

Wow, the response has been great. Thanks everyone for your input.

Someone mentioned PC Power and Cooling Silencer psu which I happen to be checking out before I came in here. Never heard of them before but might have to give them a real look now.

Enermax Revolution+ 85 looked nice but the sleeving on the cables didn't seem up to par. Might just be the picture I was looking at but good sleeving is a must as my whole system is visible.

A little confused as some here say don't go Ultra and others say they have had no problems.

Two people saying Toughpower's have failed really struck me as I thought they were suppose to be pretty reliable.

The Corsair's seem like a smart choice and the high end Antec really caught my eye as well. All of these are a little on the pricey side but I guess when your whole system is dependent on it there is no good reason to skimp.

Never really gave power supplies much thought as I never had one fail but now that I have and it took my system with it I know better. The experience was painful but I did learn from it.

Thanks again everyone and I am sure others will benefit from this as well.

Ultra has upped its quality over the past few years. it's not high end but its a good bang for the buck.

I have an Ultra LSP 650 with a lifetime warranty.

It definitely gets the job done, and if it ever dies I can get a free replacement. I'm running a couple of 6850s with it because that's probably the most it could handle unless you started using power adapters.

If I were to build a whole new system though, I'd definitely go with something from either Corsair, Antec, Enermax, or Silverstone.

wooly4 said:

why dish out that much for a mobo if your gonna use one GPU?lol

Just in case if I wanted to fill in some PCie slots with some sort of cards... The choice is mine

Ultra X3 800 watt.

ABS sl 1050w.Has 87 amps on a single rail, it's deactivated on newegg though. Abs does have some other psu's, I think they're one of newegg's brands.

Corsair HX850

850W

Modular

7 years warranty

80PLUS silver certified.

its awesome.

XFX 850Watt Black Edition

Single Rail 12V 70A

80PLUS Silver

Semi-Modular

5 yr warranty (MUST REGISTER within 30 days or defaults to 2 Yrs)

Haven't had any issues (used for 7 months so far), and a lot of highly rated reviews. Just don't overload it lol (which you shouldn't for any PSU). The design/color is a bit different too.

Good luck finding your PSU!