What's your favourite game of all time?

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Hands down my favorite game of all time. Also the first game I ever actually beat.

Water temple

4 Likes

I’ve played through that game so many times that Master Quest was honestly easier.

If you haven’t played that, it’s the “remake” for the Wii/Game cube.

Played it, got confused as fuck cuz it being mirrored, got lost a few times lol

I always got lost in the forest, fire, and water temples.

Didn’t get lost in Master Quest somehow. Honestly thought it was easier.

F**K THE ORIGINAL WATER TEMPLE

Thats a tough one. I have very few games that I like and respect that much. I don’t really have one, but more a group.

Privateer Gemini Gold
.//HACK INFECTION
FF12
Gran Turismo 3
Phantasy Star
Earthbound
Pokemon Green / Gold / Yellow
Deus Ex
Chulip
and Animal Crossing

I don’t really have a one game, really.

Pokémon soul silver, easy

Elex is still doing it for me.

Metal Gear Solid 3

1 Like

Oh well. Since most are using multiple choices i will just do the same and save me the trouble of choosing.
-Final Fantasy IX
-The Witcher 2
-Tie Fighter (1995)
-Parasite Eve 2
-Diablo 2

Albion

NWN 1 and 2

Final Fantasy 2 - NES.
Nothing like unequiping gear and beating your party into the ground to build up stats then walking through the whole game naked using only your fists and magic. If you take damage you get Exp towards your HP leveling up and higher defence, you also get Exp for hitting with whatever weapon you are using, same with magic and the other stats.

Forbidden Forest - C64
Used to play it at my school in the computer lab in the late 80’s early 90’s

Punch out - NES
There are some really goofy animations in it.

Chrono Trigger/Cross
Chrono Trigger, New game + that lets you fight the end boss when ever you feel like it. Beating the game with Magus, Chrono or Glenn alone was always fun. Chrono Cross because if you knew what you were doing, you could do things as broken as exploiting Final Fantasy 7 and 8s Materia and Element system.

Bloody Roar 2 - PSX

Soul Edge all the way up to Soul Calibur 3. Wish they would quit screwing with the moves.

M.U.G.E.N - Because I needed a fighting game with 900+ characters to choose from.

Disgaea - When grinding anymore is pointless you can switch to make overpowered gum.

Star Ocean the second story [ Universe Difficulty ]
Iselia Queen and the final boss with the limiter off were the real reason I put 1000s of hours into it.

Hard to really pick one after gaming for so long.

PC: Star Wars Galaxies (‘Pre-CU’)

• too many reasons to list why the first 2 years of this game were so amazing. They simply dont make games like this any longer.

Console: Chrono Cross

• the soundtrack alone is worth a play-through. One of my all-time favorite OSTs.

Hum… Never thought about Sound Tracks… But if I did it would have to be A.M.O.K on Sega Saturn. Awesome Jesper Kyd goodness! Could listen to that music for hours.

Yeah game soundtracks don’t usually stand out to me. However, a lot of those older PS1 generation rpgs had great ones. For whatever reason the Chrono Cross OST really pulled me in. It works so well with the content of the game and some of the tracks are just beautifully written/composed. Here’s the OST on youtube if you are interested:

My favorite (and a lot of folks’ favorite) track starts at 18:05
4 Likes

Damn… That’s pretty good stuff. Very relaxing too. Just went straight to the one you mentioned and I’m liking it quite a bit. Got some new material to put on in the background while I’m trying to unwind after work. Thanks!

1 Like

Diablo 2 LOD

God damn, dude. When I saw that map… So many emotions from nostalgia. I remembered everything. Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Cross (Chrono Trigger, by that extension), Final Fantasy, Xenogears, Wild Arms 2, Suikoden 2…

I’m going to have to reevaluate the question.

2 Likes

the PSX was no slouch and had a crap ton of games that never made it to PC with out emulation. the the JRPS my god was PSX JRPG heaven. :frowning: i miss my turn based JRPG’s .

only thing i see missing from your list is legend of dragoon. and Brave Fencer Musashi fun game.

Every one I knew that bought Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy 8 ended up giving it to me. Ended up with 4 copies of both over a few months time frame. That and Saga Frontier.

well ill be a monkeys uncle i loved legend of dragoon and so did 90% of my buddies. FF VIII i liked it but not many others did but still better than FF X. and i have the collectors tin of x and still to this day i say FF X - FF XV are not final fantasy they are a crap attempt at a FF game.