What's your favorite programming language?

https://xkcd.com/224/

C# when I am lazzzzzy and python when I need shit done.

Definitely C and python. Javascript sucks but it's a necessary evil these days with all the mobile stuff, and the new syntax of 8 is a step in the right direction, but it's still a mess.

Lisp is also very much up there, it is beautiful its own way.

...also "Everyone stand back. I know regular expressions." *PERL*

C++, the only one i know

Lisp is fun :)

Ever played regexp golf?

Python the only one I know 

I haven't previously, but I did a google search and now I foresee multiple hours being spent making myself better at regex. =P

Wow there's a lot of love for C, more so than C++ I think which surprises me. I started with Python and it's a great language for small to medium projects for me. I mostly use it during my research for its plotting and scientific libraries (Sci/NumPy and matplotlib) but I'm becoming more and more used to static typing and avoiding the downfall of a dynamic language such as python.

I started with Java as my first statically typed language and then onto C/C++. I would love to explore C++ more but have been trying to learn C thoroughly for now. I've come to dislike Java a lot, as I feel the JVM needs a complete overhaul.

As for favourites: I'm currently learning D which is awesome, I can't recommend it enough despite it still being in development as the Phobos run-time library is still undergoing changes. I'd also like to learn Lisp properly to explore AI concepts more. 

Assembly. Coding in it is like puzzle-solving, in a good way.

i had to do MIPS programming for a project in one class...never again. your right about it being a puzzle, not sure if its in a good way though

java as a language is not bad. but your right about the JVM. that's the main reason i really don't like java programming is because of the added bloat from the JVM at run time.

I really enjoy doing ARM assembly. x86 is still a bit of a mystery to me though. The lowest I usually need to work with is available through compiler intrinsics, so I haven't had much of an excuse to really dive in.

At the moment I have mostly been doing T-SQL Meta Programming and have been enjoying doing that. I SQL - have been writing scripts to create store procedures and server agent jobs for tables. But what I like most about SQL is that way you have to match up all the relationships in the data. I do bits of oracle sql and MySQL as well and would like MySQL more if they hadn't screwed up their implementation of enums. 

C# is what I do most of my work in and I like programming in C# but what I really like about mostly the Visual studio debugger and auto complete and intelleseness features. And being able to add comments to the code that are used in the intellesence features. Being able to look at an object in memory when debugging is so much better than printing a line and find out what is going on. And of course all the .Net libraries.

C and C++ I like these more than C# but dont get the time to do much programming in these languages. I have used these in micro controller programming and I think they work very well in those cases, where you have limited memory and clock cycles. 

CUDA I have used this once and found it really interesting and would enjoy doing more CUDA programming.

F# Learnt this for fun and to try and get a better understanding of functional programming, I found it interesting.

Ruby seemed ok

python had fun doing some stuff with it.

pygame was ok

PHP its ok but I can't understand why it is so popular, when compared to all the other options.

classic asp and ASP.Net - I actually prefer this to ASP.NET. I like having control over the id's of the elements on the page and over what the html elements are going to be like.

Java - Java is ok but I still prefer C or C++ if I was going to write something in a c like language. 

JavaScript/EcmaScript - I think if you stick to a subset of the JavaScript features it can be ok.

Logic gates - Not really a programming language but I think more people should be taught to program by starting with a bread board and a bunch of NAND chips and a 555 

C is great, I am moving on to C++ for moar uses however in the internet age, C is still great

Don't laugh... It's GML...

Yes I can do other languages (Java, Javascript etc), but I prefer GML. Don't judge me.

Currently a healthy dose of Java and some HTML (so intuitive in some ways... lol), but I'm looking into C#, C and C++. Python looks interesting, but I personally haven't yet found a compelling reason to learn it beyond a basic level.... I'm mostly self taught as well.

I just hope my Java friends don't yell and scream when I start learning "M$'s Java Ripoff!" (C#.)

Very true about java, the interface is a little outdated and some optimization would not be bad... What's the deal with lisp, I've heard a lot about it but never known someone who uses it?

My favorite programming language is solder

Could just be me, but I always find people who use ruby to be very pretentious asshats