What's Your Daily Carry?

That's my rug. I do not carry mine though.

I actually returned the SOG to Amazon (they refund before they even get it back), the wood started cracking already and continued cracking, so though pretty, I do not recommend that for daily use. Get an aluminum or other type of scales in that knife.

What I replaced it with is the Kershaw Skyline 1760 with G10 handles, slightly cheaper than the SOG Twitch II, quite sharp, not assisted opening, very simple, and highly recommended. (ID wallet for size comparison) Also now carrying a small bar of Dove soap to wash my hands at work, on Dermatologist's orders, because my hands are too dry and got infected...

3 Likes

I'm a big fan of the Kershaw knives, I carry one around with me daily. Going on year two, great knife.

Why do so many of you carry knives?

I can't speak for everyone but my answer is that I always have. I suppose a good generalized answer would be that useful people do useful things and need tools to be useful. Knives and blades in general are very useful for everyday life. This community is loaded with problem solvers. People can give specific answers but it will all tie back into my generalized statement.

8 Likes

Lots of keys
Cheap wallet
Work phone (awful iPhone, magpul = best phone cases)
Personal phone (not pictured HTC one m8)

@trevsstrem do you have experience with C.M.A. S.p.A Susegana espresso machines?

1 Like

To open boxes, tie raps, wires, boxes, pry open items, etc. In general as an SA I have a lot of cutting needs. Plus in the event of an emergency a knife can be invaluable.

Haven't seen any of those, it looks like any other traditional machine from what I found with a quick google. I work on Rancilio mostly as far as traditional machines go. Egro and Franke for super autos.

Because people on YouTube told me it was a good idea. A good knife is quite useful, but mostly just opens letters... but realistically I can cut my way out of my Jeep if I have to, etc. I actually use my flashlight way more than I thought I would, even had a Burger King drive-thru menu be dark at night so I used my light. The light is also not a bad option as a defensive tool, my 90 lumen light will temporarily blind you for a few yards and hurt your eyes from a fair distance, and it's aluminum. They make far more powerful compact lights than that now.

LG G Urbane, random Winchester knife, wallet, Astra 9mmc(.380), keys, flash drive with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Fitbit HR, and a Nexus 6 that took this picture.

EDIT: Hollow points, if anyone wanted to know.

3 Likes

I would assume so, particularly in that caliber. Got your spy watch and your spy gun ;)

1 Like

Yeah I really hope I never have to fire this at a person that isn't a zombie. But should I need to, hollow points are a must as you said for this caliber.

Galaxy Note II
Lenovo Yoga 700
Pebble Time Steel
and hope

daily for the metro or riding to work. hard to get CCL here

i thought about a lockpick set for fun, but still havent needed to use one

someone works at redhat lol

Is that an external Lenovo drive under the bag of coins or the power brick?

I have the same backpack. I love it.

I will have to post pics of my edc.

I carry two knives. One on me that is really small, only about 1.5 inches (for cutting things not people). Then a larger knife about 4 inches. I have a fixed blade but I don't really carry that around, but I keep it in my car.

wallet with $100 cash and all my credit cards / Id's.
multi tool. (wire cutter / crimper / pliers / file / scissors / screw driver / flathead)
rubbing alcohol / hand sanitizer / handkerchief
extra pair of socks and underwear.
laptop (yoga 900) / laptop charger / wifi pineapple nano
ipad air 2
ie800 iems
high end g-shock watch I've had for like 4 years.
kangertech vape / extra battery
Iphone6s (work phone)
nexus 6 (personal phone)
1 TB external drive
flash drive on my key ring with kali on it and encrypted docs / sslkeys to my vps
zippo
baggie with vitamins and advil
extra lightning cable / micro usb / wall adapters

Not much else that I need...

but you guys are making me want to get a gun now. lol

Power brick, Lenovo's charger port looks a lot like USB. They had to make it bright yellow to distinguish it on the laptop.