What's Your Daily Carry?

interesting that a lot of you guys carry knives. is this for utility or protection?

Mainly for utility I work out side and always find something to cut like gaskets or wire.

If I am with someone I don't know I always open the blade slow to not freak them out.

Kershaw and Spyderco make great knife that don't  look overly menacing.

Here is my stuff:

• Phone: LG Lucid, aka, shittiest phone ever
  • Wallet(wasn't supposed to tell you that...)
  • Mp3 player: 512 mb of storage, enough for me, lol
  • nothing else atm

Utility.

I actually carry three, I have my Kershaw, a tiny SOG key knife on my keychain, and my multiplier 600 has a blade on it too.

Post more pics, I wanna see what you guys carry. Been putting some careful thought into my EDC lately. Especially since I am trying to be a lot more of a minimalist in my life. It reduces a lot of stress. 

Less is more.

what is EDC?

Every Day Carry

Every Day carry

he beat you by a second.. haha.

thanks... when it comes to what you carry, less is always more. fewer gadgets, less bulk. more freedom and less complexity.

I carry a LOT, I mean tons of stuff, my EDC is like- four or five pounds of stuff.

Bare minimum i'd ever find my self carrying?

watch, keys, USB drive, small light (I've started carrying the Pelican 1910, small and bright.), folding knife, pen, wallet, phone and compact pistol.

you can edit that as you see fit, if you don't have a concealed carry license/its not legal where you are/you don't want to, you can drop the pistol and or knife. I like to carry both, I use my Shallot (my knife) a ton, though I've found my self grabbing my Camillus CUDA 9 more often.

another note- buy quality. spent some $$ on your carry, $15-20 for a flashlight, $5-10 for a pen (get metal pens, never lend them.) and $20-50 for a knife from a reputable maker (CRKT, cold steel, gerber, camillus, SOG, benchmade, kershaw, schrade, a couple other i can't think of.) buy once cry once.

I tried carrying a full flash light and I realized I didn't use it enough. I found this and it really gets the job done:

http://www.amazon.com/FENIX-E01GSBK-B-Fenix-Flashlight-Black/dp/B00BNUBDKW

Also no love for Syderco?

My Kindle Fire HDX, pen, wallet, and ear buds. Yes, my tab is my phone. I can't stand small screens. You'd otherwise pay like a $100 bucks more for an equivalent specced phone.

Nonsense, I carry a para military 2

When I am out of work, Knife (usually para military 2, sometimes a bonus knife), phone ,wallet, keys to vehicle of the day and  house keys, chapstick

Work: ESD bags, EP's, Reflective Belt, a red, a black pen, a pencil, chap stick, sun glasses if I'm not on mids.

For work I have to carry my backpack. 

Contents:

Dell XFR rugged laptop

Microflex HART/Modbus modem

Fluke 87 multimeter

Rosemount 475 Field Communicator

Altech 4-20ma loop calibrator

Whia Pro Turn Screw Driver

Channelock Pliers

Klipcsh Ear buds

Generic multi connector USB kit

Corsair Survivor 64gb USB stick

Kleen Kanteen water bottle

Small emergency kit (Mylar sheet, fire starter, 25ft paracord, 1st aid kit, water purifier)

There are worse... the LG DoublePlay...

after a while of not using some of the stuff I was previously carrying- (my multitool, the sharpener, the graph book,) and replacing some of the other stuff, (that freaking massive light, the parker pen) and breaking my foster grants...

I now carry

one 1911, two magazines, a flashlight, a key chain, a seiko 5 on a Zulu band (not pictured), a 16 gig kingston, a kershaw Shallot, Kershaw blackwash Thermite, or Camillius CUDA 9 (depending on mood), a Swisstech wallet, and a Zebra F701.

Oneplus One, Strider SMF Carbon Fiber, Glock .26, Ruger LCP (ankle), Wallet, Fenix E12, and other various things.,

I hate cropping, and my photoshop job was too bad to try again. Oh well, I'll just give them raw.

From top left to bottom right:

Lenovo Yoga 13: my laptop - I've added an SSD and upgraded the RAM since I got it. Usually is running a new distro every week or two, and on some rare occasions, Windows 7 or 10.

CD: I usually have one or two along. That's () by Sigur Ros.

Glasses case, Old Spice smell reinforcement (just in case)

Notebook: I also sometimes have other books too, since this is usually my school carry. I also have a handbook and a ESV Bible which isn't in this picture.

USB Cable and charger, USB to Ethernet adapter (the RTL8723au on my Yoga 13 has driver issues sometimes), Yoga 13 power adapter

Func HS-260, JVC XX FX1X (I think?): the headphones are pretty much my daily drivers. I called support and got a new cable because it crapped recently. The earbuds I don't know much about - I got them a couple years ago, and they carried me through a tough temp job. I still use them to go running and for traveling. I'm surprised they've made it thus far - they've been through a lot.

Wireless mouse: just in case - it's really small, though. I also have a PS4 controller which somehow didn't make it into this picture, but I end up using it more on the road than the mouse.

Pockets: Moto X (2013, Republic Wireless), mechanical pencil, wooden pen, small pocketknife, keychain with 2 Adata UV131 16GB (one for distros, one for simple file transfers), little thumbstone (looks pretty), and a duct tape wallet.

Messenger bag: Battle Bear from Olan Rogers Apparel. This shouldn't qualify as a laptop bag, but it has too much character to not take it. I'm careful.