What's Your Daily Carry?

+1 lol

not actually Kleen Kanteen,... I'm not sure where i got it but the black lettering that was on it has rubbed away so there's no way of knowing.

Water Bottle: Water bottle

Phew, I'm glad you cleared that up... lol

can't be too careful

DayZ carry?

Ah what the hell. 

Phone: Moto X (2013)

Gerber knife and multi-tool. 

Wallet

Keys 

Watch

Sometimes my Nexus 7. 

Oh and my Oakley Sunglasses, because the sun is bright. 

Just remember, spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch.   

From what I've seen, the people who carry are different from those who don't. But concealed carry is legal in every state. Some states just have more hoops to jump through then others.

Most people who carry on a regular basis have a higher degree then highschool, and almost assuredly have graduated highschool. Their typically less likely to commit any form of crime, and usually more personally responsible, and more polite.

If your open carrying a pistol- its the same as concealed pistols, if its a rifle or a shotgun- you're 200% more likely to be an abrasive a*hole.

If you want more state based stuff- highschool graduation rates between gun friendly Texas and gun hostile California are almost identical. 79 percent for Texas and 78 for Cali. Well within error range- so ease of access has little to do with education.

Most people who carry on a regular basis have a higher degree then highschool, and almost assuredly have graduated highschool. Their typically less likely to commit any form of crime, and usually more personally responsible, and more polite.

Any data on that? I would rather expect the opposite, that people that are educated have enough of a self-image to not have to carry guns around to feel good about themselves, and believe the pen is mightier than the sword (or by analogy, the smartphone is mightier than the pistol) and all that... gun ownership is another thing, it's about carrying weapons in public specifically that I think data is necessary. I definitely do not believe that people that carry weapons in public on average have a higher education than those that don't to be honest, because it just seems like such an expression of insecurity and lack of intelligence to do that.

Blanket statements aren't cool.

Just because someone does something you don't agree with, doesn't mean they are less of a person. But I guess people have a need to internalize things they don't like.

I don't think people that carry weapons are trying to compensate for insecurity. I doubt there is any correlation between education and carry percentage state by state. If I lived in a place with a much lower crime rate then I wouldn't have a gun. However I commute daily through whats pretty much a skid row, I'm sure any rational human being would feel unsafe where I have to drive every morning and after the sun sets in the afternoon.

1 Like

Was that directed against me? Because I just wondered, I said I didn't know and asked if there was any data on it, and expressed what would seem logical to me, but I didn't make any blanket statement at all.

To be clear I'm not against gun ownership, I just have doubts as to the necessity of running around with a gun in public, and I would like to learn if carrying guns correlates to education, and if there is data to support any correlation. If there is no correlation, that's quite possible, but there seems to be no data.

I may be wrong, but I never talk to people that carry weapons in public, I own guns, and grew up with guns, but I feel that people that don't trust themselves enough that they have to carry guns in public to boost their confidence, are difficult to trust altogether. What would anyone need a gun for outside of hunting/sports/home defense? If you would even unholster the weapon or show it/bring it out of concealment, that would be a criminal offense, why would anyone even put himself in such a position, it seems so... unlogical...

Just the kind of people I meet and know. I have yet to meet someone who was carrying a fire arm who did not have at least an Associates Degree. The instructors I know also corroborate this information. But I don't have any papers or studies.

Most of us who carry do so because while the idea that the pen is mightier then the sword is nice- a Cross Townsend won't stop a mugger or a rapist. A .45 will. Most of the time, just presenting the firearm stops the attack. And the mere knowledge that you *might* have a gun reduces crime significantly.

The world is a really dangerous, dirty place. Bad people, monsters exist. Domestic violence, rape, murder, robbery, these things happen to normal people all around you, most of it away from home, where I keep my 12 gauge.

I personally know a guy who I used to call a friend who raped a girl. He's doing time now. He's a monster. That girl? She's broken now. I knew her. She used to be beautiful and alive- she doesn't make eye contact now, barely speaks, doesn't take care of her self... Broken is the only word that describes her.

I carry for her.

Because if I had been there, unarmed, I wouldn't have been able to over power that bastard.

But a gun- that levels the field. All men are equal with a .45

So carry so I never have to stand by, helpless while another person commits an atrocity.

Not to impose my will on others, but to stop others from imposing their will on you. It's all about freedom. Not power.

Also, its perfectly legal to unholster your firearm in an emergency situation. Eg- some one is attacking you or being attacked. Or to unholster in a nonthreatening manner, eg- muzzle down and clear the weapon.

Brandishing is illegal. You don't even have to unholster to brandish. You just have to display the firearm in a threatening manner when your not in immediate danger.

2 Likes

defibrillator.

Also, only three cans of tactical bacon?  You'll never survive.

I have that little Kershaw to, I think it's called the select fire.

Handiest tool ever.

And what would happen if you would go through such a neighbourhood, would get attacked, would draw and shoot? Wouldn't you just be crucified, either directly by the mob, or later by the justice system because everyone in such a neighbourhood would testify against you? What if you were stopped by the police? Aren't you afraid that they might use your weapon as an alibi to justify police violence or murder?

But a gun- that levels the field. All men are equal with a .45

Wow... ok... I don't know what to say to that to be honest...

most of the time, they back off when you draw, these people are typically looking for easy prey. not armed and trained people. and all it takes to smash the lies of a hundred is one person saying that it didn't happen that way.

I mean honestly? have you ever seen even 10 people keep up a lie together? these witnesses aren't kept in a room where they can brew up a story. they are cross examined like you would a little child with cake on their face saying that they haven't had any cake.

also

What if you were stopped by the police? Aren't you afraid that they might use your weapon as an alibi to justify police violence or murder?

wut?

you are really afraid of cops aren't you? their not thugs. act respectful and get respect. we're legally required to declare any firearms to any cops that pull us over. and every time I've been stopped while carrying a gun, they've shaken my hand. I talked for 20 minutes about guns with one. their not my enemy- their my friend.

to put it to you this way- I am more afraid of being mauled by a teacup poodle then killed by a cop.

eh, what ever you like.

a 95lbs girl can kill with a gun as easily as a 225lbs body builder.

applying a little logic here- but that makes them equal. it doesn't have to be a .45, it can be a .22 as well. i just prefer .45.

Signal,

I couldn't agree with you more.  That's the main reason I carry is to protect everyone else.  Where I'm located is patrolled by state police which means it could take up to 15 minutes for them to respond.  I posted in another forum on here that firing a shot should be your last resort and that's the tactic I use unless it's an obvious situation where I would have to at least draw.  Personally I "certify" myself every 2 months or so which means I go to the range and do my own drills to make sure I keep up my accuracy and try to simulate duress, elevated heartbeat and testosterone flowing.  Fortunately I've never been confronted by bad guys but I don't want anyone else around me to be bullied, battered, or otherwise.  I also agree with your blanket statement about gun owners seeming to have more education than criminals...generally.  I shoot with guys who barely got through high school and carry but I also shoot with a guy who plays in an orchestra and is very intellectual.  Personally i find that gun owners are a little more observational than regular people, do you agree?

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

So, Can't speak for the rest of the country (never carried until I moved).

In south Texas the government has had a historically bad track record of securing the border. Violence does spill over the border. So because of this almost every one has a firearm on their person. Sheriffs    still deputize civilians in times of need. 

Everyone from engineers to ditch diggers have a CCW permit here.

I lived in Western Europe when I was young and it is truly a different world here.