What's the best way to deal with C:?

I agree ... it should be a perfect mirror copy of the drive ... and  reactivating is no sweat ... you may have to call them though ... I have to call almost every time.

+1 this is what I'd do. I personally prefer to use clonezilla. This way you can just write an image file to your media drive or what ever and store it as a file. 

What's the difference between cloning (which i've done from a HDD ((that old 500GB one you helped me format)) to an SSD and it was fine) and imaging?

clone is used to copy one disk directly to another disk. Imaging is copying a disk to a file or file to disk. (in Norton Ghost it is a .img file In Acronis it is a .tib file)

Glad that worked nicely for you.

Ohhh so it's like an image back up? Like those used in the NAS system that Wendel and Logan went over? And it just takes a virtual picture of the original setup and just puts it back to that without re-installing anything?

Yes, and that is what you are going to want to make after you get windows re installed updated and all your apps installed. Then finally we will have accomplished what we started talking about at the start of this thread. :) And might I say I have very much enjoyed helping you with this.

Ahh thanks! this is perfect!

I've noticed that i have some Acronis software that comes with my SSD (and also with the SSD for my laptop, and probably with the SSD I will be getting) will this be the right software or is there another one?

Can you link me the right software if not?

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/pc-backup/

Thanks, and also, how do I reactivate my windows if it does deactivate?

Like what do you say over the phone?

If you have to talk to a rep just tell them you upgraded some hard ware and that windows wanted you to reactivate.

Oh ok that sounds easy :) Well thank you for all of your help!! i wouldn't have gotten anywhere near this far otherwise haha, cheers!

No problem! Look forward to chatting with you again.