Whats a SLI/Xfire Switch card

I was looking at one of ASrock's M3A790GXH/128M board and noticed this. I was womdering if this is related to what They showed at CEbit.

Links

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the third picture and zoom into the thing next to pci-e cards that looks like a so-dimm and read ther text

[url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.aspx?CurImage=13-157-152-S01&ISList=13-157-152-S01%2c13-157-152-S02%2c13-157-152-S03%2c13-157-152-S04%2c13-157-152-S05&S7ImageFlag=1&Item=N82E16813157152&Depa=0&WaterMark=1&Description=ASRock%20M3A790GXH%2f128M%20ATX%20AMD%20Motherboard%20-%20Retail]link[/url]

scroll down to the connectors part of the specifications. you'll find something that says "SLI/XFire power connector"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess it lets you use cross fire and sli

i want one though

Only 114 for the board. good price.

Pretty self explanatory, it lets you use both SLi and Xfire, seems cool :#

You can always use SLi and Xfire.. But If you want to use SLi//Xfire, you have to switch it from the 16x side, to the 8x/8x side.

So if you only have one card, you are going to leave it on the 16x side, and if you want SLi or Xfire, just turn it around.

edit: So it's just manual SLi//Xfire. Instead of just sticking in another card..

LOL Y'all are so stupid lmaooo.

Santa just stfu you don't know wtf you're talking about.

It's a card that on a board that supports multiple gpu's you can switch between speeds in case of using a single card.

For example if a board runs at 8x/8x stock cause it's XFIRE capable then stock it will run 8x, however if you insert the card into the second PCI 16X slot then the first slot instead of running at 8X will run at 16X.

And it says XFIRE/SLI because they made a shitload of the cards for both their SLI/XFIRE boards not because you can do SLI or XFIRE LMAO DUMBASSES.

SANTA TROLL SANTA TROLL.

JUST TURN IT AROUND LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Wow... You fail.

:)

Xezmer wrote 10 minutes ago »

LOL Y'all are so stupid lmaooo.

Santa just stfu you don't know wtf you're talking about.

It's a card that on a board that supports multiple gpu's you can switch between speeds in case of using a single card.

For example if a board runs at 8x/8x stock cause it's XFIRE capable then stock it will run 8x, however if you insert the card into the second PCI 16X slot then the first slot instead of running at 8X will run at 16X.

And it says XFIRE/SLI because they made a shitload of the cards for both their SLI/XFIRE boards not because you can do SLI or XFIRE LMAO DUMBASSES.

SANTA TROLL SANTA TROLL.

JUST TURN IT AROUND LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No. I wasn't saying it was a SLi and a Xfire board. I wasn't talking about the board, I was talking about the card. I am basically right... found this quote from a manual for one of these cards..

I wasn't saying it was SLi and Xfire.. If it's a Xfire board, you can't change that, if it's a SLi board, you can't change that..