[Ended] What would you do with a TerraMaster NAS?

This NAS is pretty hackable. It’s a pc in a box, with a bios.

I’m going to send it to one of you. What would you do with it?!

74 Likes

Actually back up my information

11 Likes

Like @Zibob, I’d actually back up my data :grin:

Maybe some of family’s data as well, my parents have pictures going back many, many years.

6 Likes

Yikes, you alrady should be then! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Don’t need em , just loves your content .

8 Likes

That would make a really cool storage pool for my Raspberry Pi Kubernetes Cluster I am building. It should have enough umph to run TrueNas Scale, when they work that out.

5 Likes

clean up my life

6 Likes

Use as a media sever / back up / personal cloud using Rockstor or such operating system.

4 Likes

I would store lots of anime on it

5 Likes

I would use it as my nas for my homelab currently don’t have any backup/ storage solution

4 Likes

Sup,

Use it as a shared storage for my Homelab host so it’s easier to manage and update the host itself and unlocks more potential to actually play around with different hypervisors and such. Should be up to the job.

4 Likes

Hi,

Just to get my pi’s and server to have there shared storage in my docker swarm :smiley:

3 Likes

Back up the wife’s pictures automatically so that she won’t kill me when her HDD dies. Right now I try to get her to copy them to my PC, but I’m running software RAID1 and she’s not happy with the smallish capacity.

3 Likes

80% VM data storage, 15% for 16+1 pi-3B cluster shared storage, 5% back up files from main system.

4 Likes

I will a last be sharing my multimedia library with my wife and child. and some long time due backup’s.

3 Likes

Need to backup my onedrive accounts and probably make a second copy of my plex server.

3 Likes

I would backup my data and if it was possible use it as a CCTV storage system

3 Likes

I would use it with a RAID 6 Array to back up my data, I would definitely play with some different Distros to see what I can make it do before though

3 Likes

I would use it as a Plex server, as I currently have almost 4 TB of movies and music and I’d like to get more!

3 Likes

IPFS node forsure.

Check out Peertube. Essentially I can store video files locally on node

4 Likes