What to do? Upgrade needed!

Here in Portugal we have a site that aggregates some (a lot) stores and shows the prices...
Haven't search on amazon...have to do that!

Can probably jump on the 4000 series intel chips for cheap nowadays. Shouldn't be too hard to come by I don't think. Just don't buy them online they are probably going to be 360 bucks everywhere. Or wait for zen and Vega. They are out really really soon.

I'm gonna first buy a GPU and then I upgrade my CPU ;)

1 Like

Hi there! Just to refresh on this topic. Next month I'll buy the GPU - having a look on the Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Expedition OC - I can get it here in Portugal for 170€.
What do you guys think? It's good for the money? My monitor it's 1080p so I think It's a good match. Do you recommend another one?

If you can, I'd save up for a 1060. it'll be much better for not a lot more money. the 1060 performs a little better than a 970. Almost on the 980 mark.

Check the used market if you can't afford new.
And of course, you can OC it to get more out of it.

Did you end up upgrading your cpu?

1 Like

No, first is the GPU, later I'll be trying to get an i5 for my build

I'll have a search to see what I can get!

Here in Portugal the used market isn't great!

The money is not a lot but a stretch do 200€ probably is my limit for the GPU!

Made my searching and the results are about this:

• Gigabyte GeForce GTX1060 WF OC 6GB GDDR5 it's around 278,91€
  • Asus GeForce GTX1060 Dual OC 6GB GDDR5 it's around 308,19€
  • EVGA GeForce GTX1060 SC Gaming 6GB GDDR5 it's around 314,90€

So for an 1060 it's about 300€ and for sure another PSU...I have a 300W Silverstone silent.

What do you guys think?

I'm a fan of EVGA. They've got the best customer support I've ever seen.

As far as the PSU, I've had good luck with SeaSonic, but I'm not well versed in them. I'd defer to anyone with experience in who's who on that market.

1 Like

PCPartPicker with the 3 GPU only measures 283W...so it's below 300W...But probably it's a good thing to change the PSU in the long run

I had another "crazy" idea! I'm going to try to sell my rig and then with a little saving build a new machine!

I was torn between the 1060 and 1050ti, I went with the 1060 for my dau's 7870k build.

Having said that I spent 6 months gaming on an A10-7850k, when I switched to an FX 8320e w/770 it was nice but not necessary to enjoy a good game

Don't kill you budget, you know your situation, even a 1050 or a 1050ti will make a kick ass gaming rig.

Yes I know...but the last thought of selling my rig and with that build another one, more recent and with better components is a idea that I think probably is better in the long run!?!
What you guys think?

the 1050ti Expedition OC 4GB seems the better 1050ti to buy!
But I'm gonna give a try to selling my current rig

That soooooo depends on what you can sell it for where your at, and how much of a pain buyers are to deal with.
One other option is upgrade the GPU now and later do the cpu/MB if you want.
Anything that is based on the Source engine should run fine. The games that need 4 cores are usually overpriced and over-hyped and take up HD space after one week. I find that with 30 games there are 2 I play allot, 2 I sometimes play and 26 I try not to feel stupid for buying:)
G3220 has 2 cores but they are really really kick-ass cores. I could overclock my FX till it catches fire and single thread rating won't come close. Best single thread so far for mine was under 1300.

Other names: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz
CPU First Seen on Charts: Q2 2013
Single Thread Rating: 1745

Man, I'm really on the mid of the bridge! For one side I really wanted to start gaming some games (firewatch, battlefront, battlefield) but on the other side I really wanted to have a brand new rig to build!!! :slight_smile:
Probably the more pratical way to do it is to buy an 1060 6G or and rx-580 and later on, change the CPU/MB!

If your single enjoy being impractical if you like
Once your married everything becomes practical, except her shoe collection :slight_smile:

1 Like

For my luck (or not) I'm single, soooo I can swim in these practical decisions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

1060 6gb or RX580/480 8gb?
the Asus 1060 Dual 6GB seems right, the rx480 or 580 I have to get a new PSU, it's more watt consumer then the 1060

I have put my rig for sale. Having a few leads, let's see what's going to happen!
Meanwhile searching over on the internet I joined some pieces and made this overall build, what do you guys think?

Intel Core i5 7400 3.0Ghz 6MB LGA1151
GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H
Kingston 8GB HyperX Fury Black DDR4 2400MHz CL15
Asus GeForce GTX1060 Dual OC 6GB GDDR5
Corsair CX450M 450W 80 Plus Bronze Modular
Case ATX COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX LITE 5

A HDD and an SSD and that's it? What do you guys think overall? It's well balanced or do I make any chance?