What show have you been watching?

In the same vain as pinned threads, what metal music have you been listening to, and what non-metal music have you been listening to?

What are you watching and what do you think of it?

I'm actually really enjoying the 'From Dusk Till Dawn" series on netflix. It follows the same story as the movie, but with new plot-lines and more interesting characters.

It's directed by robert rodriguez and quentin helped with the screenplay.

I've mostly been ignoring TV as of late, but I still try to find time for Community.

I love that it makes me forget I'm watching a show. I usually never identify with characters in a show or movie but I'm totally Jeff Winger sometimes.

1 Like

I've been rewatching the X-Files (because of the new series) and Code Geass.

SAO rewatch is on my list next.

1 Like

I miss that show.

1 Like

Sword Art Online is awesome. I've always wanted to play a game like that, where you're partitioned based on levels, and if you die... game over, while the whole game world is focused on reaching end game, and once you reach end game... it's over. That would be amazing.

Growing up on MMORPG's it's one of those plots / stories that really resonates with me on a nostalgic level.

1 Like

I don't like MMOs. Or current VR.

If full dive becomes a thing I'll probably never play an SP game again.

What do you mean by full dive? Do you mean that full on game over if you die?

The closest thing I know to SAO is D3 hardcore. Although, it's a pain in the ass because it's not a question of IF you will die, it's WHEN you will die :P. Thankfully the paragon levels transfer over if you die, so it's not that bad, you just lose all your equipment.

No, no. Although that's a great feature for hardcore.

What I meant was the full-on sensory integration. I want to feel that virtual sun on my face. I want to feel the weight of that full plate or heavy armor that I favor. I want to taste that food or ale I buy down in that virtual pub.

This is usually referred to as "full dive", i.e., full sensory integration. I associate it with SAO because that's what the helmets do -- the characters aren't putting on a weirdly over-engineered set of VR goggles, they're actually jacking their central nervous system into the game. In SAO it's just done wirelessly, as opposed to other representations like Matrix.

Omg, that would be so neat.

However, I'm just so excited for regular VR too. I'm totally going to be day 1 on Oculus Rift in WoW. Just the thought that I can look around, see a fireplace, and look at the counter, turn around, go outside and explore, it's just a whole new level of immersion.

This video is what sealed the deal for me. Even though it's not sufficiently advanced and totally out of this world, it's close enough to get me to adopt it and do it with a smile.

I can put the headset on, and tell my girlfriend to start burning different candles, then put on a rotating fan so I get a breeze every now and then... lol

That's about as full dive as I'm going to get.

Give it a decade, maybe 2.

1 Like

It's really good. Lots of twists .

1 Like

Oh I agree. Loved it! Vince Gilligan truly is the mad genius that everyone says he is. I also really love the references to the show like in BB "I once pretended to be Kevin Costner to sleep with a woman, and guess what it WORKED! Know why? Because I believed it too." Then at the season finale of bcS it shows it.

I've been watching Lucifer. It's been nice to watch it with the wife while we eat dinner.

I have been watching an Icelandic crime drama called "trapped",it's very good, lots of plot twists. It can be watched on bbc Iplayer but I'm not sure if they have expired yet. (Originally aired on BBC4 in Icelandic with English subtitles.)

I will link the trailer when I can

1 Like

I watch Tek Syndicate content, Jim Sterling content, Cinemassacre content and some other YouTube stuff I am not thinking of right now and The Walking Dead. Now if Z Nation was running their new season right now I'd be watching that too. As for what I finished up watching recently well Prison Break, Breakout Kings, and Making A Murderer.

Lately,

2 Broke Girls

And American Horror Story.

Besides the Tek, if you've heard me on this forum, I'm a huge fan of VICE. They just launched a new channel, VICELAND, which is pretty good so far.
I just finished One Punch Man's first season, I thought it was pretty good.
Otherwise, I regular the daily show, last week tonight, real time with Bill Maher, and of course VICE on HBO.
I've been liking 'Fear the walking dead' too, its a prequel to 'The walking dead' with a separate set of characters.

Been watching Hell on Wheels

thats about it

1 Like

I've been running good classic tv on my second monitor I'm not against new tv or anything I'm just over spending one out of every three seconds watching an ad. I also have zero interest in paying for channels until they start selling them individually. I'm tired of having a thousand channels and only being interested in maybe five of them.

Adult swim
History channel
Fx
Premium movie channels
Local access tv and
Fox news (to laugh at)

I also have a crush on this raging C. She just has that certain something.

Adult swim has really gone downhill in the last five years or so but they offer Rick and Morty along with Black Jesus (Not sure if that made it past one season I cancelled my cable subscription.)

Here's some clips from mad tv if you've never seen it. I miss offensive comedy...
Can I have yo numbuh!?

Lowered expectations.....

And who could forget coach Hines?

Does anyone know of any newer sketch comedy shows that are good? Key and Peele is super disappointing.