What should I get first 4k monitor or 1080ti?

I am selling my x99 system for approximately 600USD. So I will be able to buy a 1080ti or a 4k monitor replacing my 1080p monitor. So I wont be gaming much other than CSGO, so I should be able to play that with my 1060. What would you buy first?

1 Like

Monitor, obviously...
Get 4k freesync and move to team red when the time comes...
Honestly, now is the worst time to make those kinds of purchases. Vega and Volta are extremely close, freesync 2 is also close, whatever you buy, there is 101% guarantee it will be outdated in a few months.
Still, the 4K monitor have longer life span than any graphics card. Especially with even freesync 1... Fury X and freesync is way better than 1080 without g-sync. Keep that in mind...

IMHO... At least IMHO...

1 Like

if you are playing csgo mainly i would go for a 120hz 4k, or a 144hz 1440p. the extra refresh rate will be a huge impact for you, and my 1070 can do 100+fps all the time at 4k on max settings and you should be able to get even better frame rates if you drop the settings a bit.
the 1080ti is nice but if you arent playing 4k or 1440p 144hz you dont need it and you wont see any difference at 1080 60hz.

Thanks for your help so far. For me I wont get paid until Vega probably comes out. I am lending him the PC until he can pay for it sometime this summer or fall. So I will wait for Vega and free sync 2.