What RTX 2080 gpu should i get? or to buy 1080 ti?

Hi, I recently read an article about the gtx 1080 ti’s starting to run out so i have swap my interests to the rtx 2080. Pls recommend me a great rtx 2080 gpu thanks

also i want to tell me because i must know what to do
what is the difference between 2080 rtx and 1080 ti?
2080 rtx has the same performance like 1080 ti>? in games??
or 1080 ti is better from 2080 rtx??

also rtx 2080 has 8 vram and 1080 ti has 11 vram
do yoy believe that the extra vram which 1080 ti has its better for the future games??

the vram memory between 1080 ti and rtx 2080 is the same?

the benchmarks what they say for the 1080 ti and 2080 rtx?/
do you believe that 2080 rtx is more futureproof from 1080 ti??

what advise you can give me ?? for these 2 cards?
which to buy from these 2? 1080 ti or 2080 rtx?>?>

1080 ti is aroynd 2 years from now and rtx 2080 is the new generation card

can yoy help me with my decision please??
i am very confused and i dont know what to do in this case.

i am very confused because some people told me to buy 1080 ti and some another people told me to buy 2080 rtx because they believe that the newst games will be compatible with dlss and rtx technology and also the new drives from 2080 rtx will make the 2080 better in perform,ance in the newest games, from 1080 ti …

I would wait until the situation with RTX dying to unknown cause is cleared up.

what is the difference between 2080 rtx and 1080 ti?
2080 rtx has the same performance like 1080 ti>? in games??
or 1080 ti is better from 2080 rtx??do yoy believe that the extra vram which 1080 ti has its better for the future games??

the vram memory between 1080 ti and rtx 2080 is the same?

the benchmarks what they say for the 1080 ti and 2080 rtx?/
do you believe that 2080 rtx is more futureproof from 1080 ti??

can you give me some answers because i dont know and i havent searched for 1080ti and 2080 rtx

Again, there are lots of RTX cards (2080ti’s and 2080’s) dying and artifacting. Wait a month to see if they find a reason for it.

From here

2080 vs 1080ti is meh at best.
See if you can get a 1080ti if you absolutly have to get a card now. The price/performance on the 20-series is just too bad.
Video on the subject:

No.
The tech is nice, but there is no guarantee any game dev will use it and if it is useable (as in delivers >60FPS).

Pure performance wise, 1080Ti and 2080 are about the same. The main difference is the ray tracing. RTX supports ray tracing. AFAIK Nvidias proprietary ray tracing with Gameworks.
At the moment, as it was said before, I would wait to see how the whole story of dying RTX cards goes, cause there are some serious issues with a lot of RTX cards. Some are attributed to G-Sync monitor issues, some to driver issues, but nothing is confirmed, other than a 1000+$ graphics cards are showing issues at the second month of their existence.
If you really really need a GPU right now, get a 1080Ti used. It will be cheap and will keep you playing until probably 3000 series from Nvidia. Also it have no issues with monitors and drivers. It have been all fixed.

2 Likes

if i will buy one 1080 ti now for how long will last me for ultra gaming and 2K/144hz and 1440p in resolution 2560 x 1440??

will hold me for 2 years from now to play games in ultra settings in resolution
2560 x 1440??/

because i dont want to buy example one card in 600 euros and then after 1 year to buy another

do you understand what i mean?

if i will buy one card i want to keep for 2 and 3 years
for this i am asking if i will buy the 1080 ti how long will hold me??

2 or 3 years maxinum?

Nobody knows, but 1080Ti is the best Nvidia had for the consumer market, meaning not servers.
Don’t expect any card to run 1440p 144Hz.
You can play games 1440p no problem on 1080Ti for many years, but even now 2080Ti struggles to reach 144frames.

So don’t expect any graphics card to play 144FPS all the games now, not in 2 years.

in some games i see that 2080 rtx has better fps from 1080 ti

so do you believe that

Driver updates could well improve performance - especially if the initial drivers have issues??
DLSS support could increase frame-rates for many titles and provides future-proofing??
Newer games with more modern engines tend to perform better on RTX hardware??

see this link it shows benchmarks with 2080 rtx and 1080 ti

can you tell me please??

do you believe that 2080 rtx will be more powerfull
if Driver updates could well improve performance - especially if the initial drivers have issues??
DLSS support could increase frame-rates for many titles and provides future-proofing??
Newer games with more modern engines tend to perform better on RTX hardware??

Driver updates may or may not improve the performance.
The thing is, 2080 is not more powerful. It have one selling point and that is Ray Tracing.
The problem with Ray Tracing is, nothing supports it. May be next year there will be games that properly use it. May be not. Nobody knows.

1 Like

you mean that 2080 rtx is not powerfull in performance in games from 1080 ti?

It is faster 1-2-3%… That’s it. 2-3% faster.
You may as well go for 2080, but I would get a used 1080Ti and see what’s going on with Ray tracing and all the issues 2000 series are having.
Then again, I am an AMD fanboy…

but in some games shows in bencmarks that 2080 is 23% faster from 1080 ti

Just buy the 2080 because it’s new.

i am very confused what to do and which to buy…

i dont know if i will buy 2080 that this will be very mistake…??

some people are telling me to buy 2080

some another people telling me to buy 1080ti

i dont know with which creteria to buy 2080rtx or 1080 ti?

some people say tha rtx 2080 and rtx 2080 ti has problems with artifacts and g-syngs problems and another problems

some another say that they didnt have experience with problems in 2080 rtx

i am very confused with all these things

You’ll be fine either way. You’ll be covered by warranty/RMA, so go with what you have the budget for because you’re basically flipping a coin over either card.

Personally I would go with the cheaper card and use what you save towards another upgrade or something else you want etc.

I’d recommend a beastly 1080ti (maybe on Black Friday?). Make sure to go for one with good power-delivery if you’re planning on overclocking it and don’t want to be concerned with performance limitations due to sub-par power-delivery components.
I am sure you can find a PCB-teardown video from Buildzoid on his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ/videos
Other respected graphics card review sources would be Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed.

My opinion on the entire RTX line is that Ray-Tracing is “gimmicky” at the moment. Some people even don’t like the way it makes many things look wet and shiny, giving surfaces a reflective and bright sheen.
The game also needs to support it, so there is that as well and it will be a couple of years before the Ray-tracing technology matures and becomes even remotely widely-adopted.

The RTX cards artifacting appearently has something to do with certain gsync monitor models. At least for the people who had multiple fail. It´s very likely that this was the cause. Probably fixable with a driver update at some point.

if i will buy one 1080 ti or 2080 rtx now for how long will last me for ultra gaming and 2K/144hz and 1440p in resolution 2560 x 1440??