What is your videogame of the decade?

I was pretty hyped about VR in 2014 and thought there would be a VR version before 2020. I guess the technology doesn’t exist yet. :sob:

1 Like

Do not believe GOG. From the Devs:

There is still no news, the contract is still not finalized, the GOG release date is legacy - we are as frustrated as everyone

We’ve been looking into ways to get people playing again, but of course… things are complicated. We want everyone back in the mines as soon as possible!

With the game so close, I can’t imagine it NEVER sees the light of day, and with the contract still at the lawyers - there is no way it will be out this year. Just not enough time to ramp up marketing etc…More than likely, assuming everyone signs the agreed upon deal, it will be next year - and whether it is held to coincide with the 3 other skus or becomes an XB2 and PS5 launch title is up in the air, probably should to get the most traction, but that will be up to the marketing folks. I know it has been a long slog, I really hope you get to see the hard work our team put in for 4+ years, some of them unpaid…we did it as a passion project - and kept the costs low so that if it was even a moderate success we could make some $$$$ - we did not anticipate the issues at the end - but you deal with what you got.

As for publicly controlled servers, we are in favor of that too - at this point, but that will again be up to the new partners.

I mean… not really. Overload exists. And Overload already is a better game than what Descendant Studios was making anyway.

Descent 2019 is not Descent. Overload is Descent. The name was nothing. We got hyped for the wrong thing, it’s ok, Overload came out with no problems anyway and it’s basically flawless.

1 Like

Kinda overblown. Low hairworks worked fine on the amd cards of the time and Witcher 2 ran bad on everything so… It’s not enough to dissuade my opinion on the game’s status.

2 Likes

I went and backtracked the mess. I was trying to keep my distance so I could enjoy release. I guess not.

3 Likes

Hairworks looks goofy :)~ A bit over done.

2 Likes

Shrug. If we wanted to be sad about something it should have been Sol Contingency anyway.

Overload is Descent mechanically exactly, but Sol Contingency was the one that tried reviving it first and was looking to push things even further, at least graphically.

Sol was the first and most ambitious.
D2019 was second and middling.
Overload was last and just focused on actually being mechanically good. And managed to come out first or perhaps at all/ever because of it.

1 Like

yall wanna see a massive tesselation rape turn tree tesselation on in RDR2 it’s a 30% hit to performance to make the trees a little bumpy.

Monster Hunter World, I can kick a dragon to death or kill it with a feather duster.

Tales of Maj’Eyal.

Caves of Qud.

Fallout NV. Best Fallout spinoff to date, just got to mod the hell out of it for much replay value.

2 Likes

To add to my previous comment, Nier Automata, A Hat In Time, Doom, Kerbal Space Program and The Talos Principal are all favorites as well.

1 Like

It was a very interesting/cool release schedule. Notch/Mojang basically started selling the game in alpha/beta starting in 2009, and anyone could buy it, download it, play it, and get free updates for life (the life pass thing is still honored, even after the Microsoft acquisition), but the game wasn’t officially released (ie. 1.0 edition) until November of 2011. So, I guess it wasn’t officially released until this decade, but you could still buy it and play it in 2009.

2 Likes

For you… For me this is just Dark Souls 1 with Bloodborne combat and I don’t like Bloodborne combat. DS1 was slow and systematic… In DS3 you can just bitch slap most enemies with a longsword and go through it unmolested. And the cherry on top - Dark Souls 1 is the only game in the series that actually deals with the dark souls… They are nowhere to be seen in the sequels.

:clap: Project :clap: cars :clap:

The game is amazing with the amount of customizations that can be done on the car.

2 Likes

Ermagerd you are just a hooman…

1 Like

Still waiting for the Life is Strange and Stranger Things tie in.

Eleven for Life is Strange 3.

royal_game_of_ur

4 Likes

Because of the bad pc port?

I’ve had this in my steam library for a few years now, but I’ve never gotten around to fire it up.
Though I think I’ll be enjoying it a lot, when I find the time to play it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Skyrim
Black Desert Online
Minecraft
Factorio
Far Cry

2 Likes

Old School Runescape (@THEkitchenSINK)
Counter-Strike GO
Rainbow Six Siege
Skyrim
Minecraft
Player Unknown Battlegrounds
Fable Anniversary
Black Mesa
Natural Selection 2

4 Likes

Dark souls 1 is my current favorite. Would happily assist you in blighttown or anywhere if you were on remastered (I’m assuming you’re not). Even though I just got I to it a month or so ago, I did something like 170hrs in a few weeks and have 2 builds through most of the game + DLC.

Before souls/previously this decade I played a good few hours of GTA 5/series.

1 Like

I’ll have to throw my hat in for The Witcher 3 as well.
LHfV447btQ7ztcXusViSjj-320-80
Everything down to the dumbest side quests are so lovingly crafted even a fetch quest is worth taking the time to complete. Also the moral ambiguity is off the charts in this game, there is no simple answer to each situation with subtle to not so subtle consequences.

Honorable mention:
Remember Me is mostly a bunch of good looking meh but the memory manipulation portions of the game are outstanding and sometimes down right disturbing. It’s a shame the rest of the game falls flat.

3 Likes