What is your current Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX case?

I know the last time this thread was updated over a year ago now, but I thought I’d just try to rekindle the fire, so to speak… I upgraded to the Enthoo Evolv Mini-ITX case, purely to improve cooling, the issue I had with the RVZ02 were:

• No support for 3.5" drives
  • SSD’s were getting too hot from the GPU the which was on the other side of the a pretty thin piece of metal
  • Heat issues in general

This new case solves all of the issues I was having, not to mention that since I’ve upgraded my cooler to the Corsair H80i V2, I think my CPU has hit about 50°C at most, which I find beyond epic!

[This isn’t my build, just look at how sexual this little beast of a case is though!]

Should probably put this here:

The Handbag

The build with some pictures:

The Plan was to put stupid power into a tiny box. I had to make changes unfortunately.
No, that nano is not working in a case that limited on airflow around the PCIe slot.

I had to switch that for the Sapphire 570 ITX, which is not bad… but, you know…
Otherwise the build was very manageable, not easy but also not terrible.
Most of the stuff is already mounted to the board. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Test with PSU sitting outside the case.

It is really just strapping cables together mostly.

Other than the GPU switch I also downgraded the CPU to a 2600, removed the back I/O cover to allow for more airflow and I only connected the red drive LED for power, just for looks.

Later I switched the RAM to something faster because … well, I got it cheap. :stuck_out_tongue: I am running this at the 3200 speed and timings though.

And that’s it. :slight_smile:
It’s not as crazy as I wanted it to be but still a lot of oomph in a package that small.

Specs:

Lian-Li PC-TU100B
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
AMD Ryzen 7 2600 with Noctua NH-L9a AM4
16GB (2x8) G.Skill Trident-Z 4000 C18 (@3200 CL14)
Sapphire RX570 Pulse ITX 4G
Samsung M.2 960EVO 1TB
Silverstone SST-ST45SF-G
Corsair ML120 Pro red

My current system is a completely silent, passively-cooled Streacom DB4:

There’s a Ryzen 5 1600, B350 mobo, 32GB of RAM, 2TB of SSD and a GTX 1050 Ti inside.

It runs Ubuntu 18.04.

Full build log and some thermals over on Wordpress.

I’m currently using a Fractal Design Node 202. Would love to get my hands on the Louqe Ghost S1 MkII though

1 Like

Stuck a 2400G build in an In Win Chopin:

It lives behind the TV now.

I’d love to get ahold of a Louqe case too if they weren’t so damn expensive.