What is the max. gpu to pair with a Core 2 Q6600?

HAF912 is a case. Damn that’s a throwback though. I loved that case.

Anyways. If you’re on a good cooler, you should be able to get 2.8GHz, without too much trouble. Anything past that gets into the watercooling required zone.

You should be able to hit 2.6 on anything that’s not the stock Intel cooler.

Okay, I must have misunderstood the requirements.

LOL! I can’t believe I made that mistake. Yes the HAF912 is a case and a nice one from CoolerMaster. It was a cool looking, value case at the time I bought. Mid-tower I believe. Sooooo … as for the cooler let me see if I can jog my memory … (no pun intended)

1 Like

No worries, I’ve done similar stuff before. Mixed up Samsung and Motorola for some reason… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Cooler Master Hyper 212 …

So popular at the time I got it.

1 Like

Still popular, my dude.

That’s a good cooler. I can see 2.7 - 2.8 on that CPU and cooler combo, but you’ll probably run out of cooling if you push any more.

2 Likes

I would not call streaming out of the question either. Get Nvidia and if you buy new skip 1030 and get something 1050.

The nvidia driver has built in hardware encoding. It’s not the “software encoding” every tech channel raves about. But it’s a Q6600 and why not try stream :stuck_out_tongue:

I bet it would work. Maybe a nice 30FPS old school game.

I gamed hard on a Q6600 + GTX670 for ages until the motherboard died. I only replaced the GTX670 when the RX480 was released and I forget the year the MB died now. But it was a good machine.

2 Likes

That’s how I decided it was time to upgrade as well. The SATA controller onboard died on me while I was recording video, all my disks just disappeared.

I had a spare SATA HBA, installed that for a few days, but it wasn’t the same. So I had to upgrade.

My OS kept dying so same fault the sata was failing. Re-install and it would corrupt over time and not work.

Never trust the MB :slight_smile: it does a lot of things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still rocking a GTX 670 in my main rig … with i5 2500k