What is the best value priced 7970?

I was looking at graphics cards. I want to get a 7970 or a 7950. Which is the best value newegg has one from gigabyte for 379 but is it junk? i want to save money but i dont want to buy a piece of garbage. Also is it worth getting the 7970 for just single monitor gaming? Or could i spend more on a 7950?

I just bought a gigabyte 7970 myself and I should receive it soon.  From what I've read online it's probably #2 only to Saphhire brand and the 3 fans will keep it cooler than most.  I'll update this post when I've had a chance to play with it a little.

That sounds awesome. I would very much apreciate that.

I was going to upgrade to a 7000 series card recently (a 7870 from XFX), but since I have a great feel the 8000 series  cards are coming soon (the mobile one already has, and info has said the APUs with the 8000 GPUS are almost out),

I PERSONALLY would wait until they are released, and it would also push the 7000 card's prices down

Well ive been waiting for this moment for awhile i still am in fact waiting til my refund comes in so i can build my first gaming pc. I wouldnt really like to wait much longer.

Well, it's not like I'm telling you to. xD Just stating my opinion is all. 

Knowing how much prices will drop when the 8000 comes out , I would be mentally forced to wait and see the price drop.

Now, back when I was stuck with an HD 4350, I upgraded to my current 6870 card. I never regreted that . lol. Spent money that I didn't have, however...kind of bit me in the ass. 

Yeah some of the stuff they are coming out with could be amazing esp 8000 series apu's but i'm to excited to wait much longer. I have til around the end of the month though. When will they release the new cards?

All i have is E5200 with integrated graphics.

Haha...good one.. :P

Sorry for the delay in my update, been busy the last couple of days.

I've had the opportunity to play a few games on my Gigabyte HD7970 and it is a freaking beast!  I can play Skyrim, WoW, Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2, Borderlands, and Borderlands 2 maxed out with no stutter and no overclocking at all.  These are just a few examples of games I tested out my card with but I'm sure you'll get an idea of what it can do.

I have the Gigabyte mentioned. It seems to be doing well. It's WAY quieter than the stock 7970. I also have the Asus 7970 Direct CU II here and it is a much better unit even though it is a tripple slot card. It overclocks way better... 

The bottom line is that the Gigabyte is a good deal but the ram seems to get warm compared to the ASUS...