What is the best kind of airflow? Postive or Negat

I been reading on this thread just now and I need more opinions on this subject.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/238184-31-case-airflow-positive-negative-pressure

What type of pressure do you think is the best for optimal air cooling?

...........good question. well ATM, my case is fucked up. Getting a new one so i can start off my new gaming rig build also.

But based off that article, positive airflow sucks in more air. So depending on how dusty your room is, positive and negative is your decision. So exactly how dusty your room is?

ive never really tried it out but I would go for positive. The components in your system transfer the heat to the air supplied by your fans. But you need to get that hot air out also. more air = more matter to transfer the heat to.

the6ftmidget wrote 1 minute ago »

ive never really tried it out but I would go for positive. The components in your system transfer the heat to the air supplied by your fans. But you need to get that hot air out also. more air = more matter to transfer the heat to.

yeah, but remember, positive sucks alot of CFM, hence, tonnes of dust comming in. The dustfilter is mandatory in that case.

Negative because physics says that air will always get replaced

My room isnt dusty. I have carpet so it all does on the floor haha.

I thought positive is only for expelling dust?

/re-reads forum

Xezmer wrote 2 hours ago »

Negative because physics says that air will always get replaced

no, physics say that air has the tendency to have equal pressure, but if the air gets sucked away before it can refill it has a lower air pressure.

If your case is vented with positive pressure the airflow is less restricted and the devices that need cooling take in the maximum amount of airflow that they can if your case is unvented your exhaust fans may actually be stealing the fresh air and may just be throwing it outside of your case to quickly, so you are some of you may be choking the devices that need airflow such as video cards since the the air actually needs time to heat up before exiting the case since the area is enclosed. Stock cpu fans are greatly affected by this but if the CPU heatsink is a pass-through type (e.g. TRUE-120) this cannot not affect it. Always try to have a balanced case with venting if you have positive then most of the air is wasted through the vents. If the case is unvented the air being pushed is just increasing the RPM of the weaker exhaust fans. which ever type you use I dont really care but if you are using negative just make that the air is not moving too fast because you want the air to heat up as much as possible before leaving the case.

id shoot for something balanced or only leaning positive or negative a little. negative can provide adequate airflow because as was stated before air of different pressures tends to move towards equilibrium. the problem negative is dust. with a negative pressure system you get cool air moving in, the problem is from where. Its not just going to go though the areas you have dust filters, it going to go through cracks in the case and though any gaps around optical drives as well ect. iv heard of people having drives fail because of this.

from what iv read with positive you can get pockets of trapped hot air in your case.

If yo fans inside blow air away. Da intake wo make it bad. Ya digg(?)

Sonata wrote 43 minutes ago »

If yo fans inside blow air away. Da intake wo make it bad. Ya digg(?)

Please, do not try to talk like that. I personally know how to since I hear it everyday at my school. It does not suit you, nor will it in the future.

moar exhaust to intake

negative is the way to goo

I think a bottom mounted PSU w/ a top mounted exaust fan works great, the air coming from my antec 900 is never too hot and the inside is pretty damn cool but dust is a problem :( as long as dust doesnt get too excessive than I dont see the problem