What is the BEST Gaming GPU for Gaming, Nvidia Only :D

R9 290

980 + waterblock + oc.

I honestly dont see the point though in going from a 780ti though. 680, 770, 280x, then yes otherwise its kinda a waste of money.

If you have a strong enough psu just grab another 780ti that matches yours, they're getting bloody cheap now and you'll have uber amounts of graphical grunt at your disposal.

^this

To add to that- don't go off raw hard specs- this [maxwell] is a new architecture- in short it does more with less. More performance with less power consumption, less cuda cores, less frequency.

The 980 seems to be on par if not faster than the 780ti- that being said the 980 is also running day1 drivers, meaning that it has yet to be optimized and performance/benchmarks WILL get better.

How much money are you planning on spending hexan? Get a 980 if you have the cash other  wise 780/780ti's are on fire sale if you can find them (reports of sub300 in some places) - then the next teir is the 970, think of it as a cheaper less powerful 980.

What's your current card? Can you hold off? Nvidia GM210 rumors are flying around and it's looking to be epic, but I expect a $1000 price tag

Wait 4 months and get the 980Ti if you're going to be so stubborn. That's your only answer right there.

"Money is not an issue." Nivida, 200+ mods on skyrim, prefers Asus, Gigabyte, and EVGA.. well okay whatever.. 980, is fine, you could even wait and see for what AMD has to offer in the 300 series.

295x2 if you really wanna blow a load of cache, or 290x or 2x290x's

That is some really interesting info, i will definitely have to contemplate on what you have said, And it's Hexen, Not Hexan :P Thank you very much for this input, this has been the best in this thread that i could have read, Thank you NJM1112

And it's Hexen, Not Hexan :P

oops, my bad I read too fast down the thread- it's been a long modding day lol

Glad I could help.

Realistically there is now substantially better Nvidia card for modded skyrim right now based on what you want. The card you want does not exist yet since you essentially have very close to the fastest single GPU nvidia card on the market. If you are in the market for a card right now and cannot wait, then really you are kind of stuck. The recent price drops on 780 Ti would make me think you should get a second 780 Ti because really that is your best option for better graphics power. Your CPU may actually be a bottleneck with the amount of mods you have since mods are not as resource efficient as the original game. If you don't have a 4GHz + Core i7 CPU then you may want to investigate that further before spending a huge load of money on a graphics card (or SLI) that won't really improve your performance. 

Best of luck!

After looking at your profile it seems you only have an FX-8350 CPU. If this is paired with a GTX 780Ti now then I think you really should look at upgrading your CPU and motherboard to either a Core i7-4790K and Z97 chipset or a Core i7-4820K and X79 motherboard OR if you are really trying to stay with AMD you probably need a liquid cooler (140mm or larger recommended with your Rosewill Throne case) and an FX-9590 but really that is not going to help as much as a switch to a newer Core i7 CPU which will crush the AMD CPU in many games.

I have some experience with hardware similar to yours as I have an R9 290 which is a high end card like your 780Ti and I also had that card in a system running an AMD FX-8350. I built a different system with a Core i7-3930K CPU and with that CPU my Skyrim (only around 10 graphics mods but probably 30 mods total) my fps went up by 20-30%. Both systems had 16GB of ram and SSDs but the CPU is most likely to blame for my increase in FPS.

Again good luck!

Indeed. Skyrim likes Intel. Arma likes Intel. Most other games don't really care.

I use the gtx 760 2gb SUPERCLCKED. it runs everything on ultra, no lag, while running my shows on my second monitor. it runs serius sam, bf4, ect. all maxed out. 

Welp, if i am going to go all the way, then i can get a new CPU and MOBO along with a new graphics card, Though i do not have a 780 Ti at the moment, I only have a 650 Ti Boost from ASUS, Isen't there a better Intel CPU out there? And an 8350 is not bad at all if you ask me... But anyhow, i guess i don't mind upping my CPU/MOBO

Asus Mars 760?

I must have misunderstood a little, but in any case the correct answer should be that the fastest card period for gaming is going to be a factory overclocked GTX 980. If money is no option I would wait for the GTX 980 Classified because it is usually top of the pack for stock clocks and comes with a great aircooler as well. I would buy your GPU first and if after that you are not getting the performance you want then start looking at the CPU upgrades I mentioned earlier. Best of luck.

Alright, I will do that, I hope within the next 4 months they will come out with slightly better 980's then. Because i have decided on a 980 but might still just get a 780 Ti

In my opinion, Nvidia GTX 1080 is the best.

3 Likes

Putting this one back to sleep.