What is the best $100 used laptop

I am going into high school next year and I need a laptop for general school work and mabe a game or two. What is the best $100 used laptop. This won't be my primary computer. Any thoughts.

You won't be playing any games on a $100 laptop.

Its for school work

Really you would be best off looking around craiglists or something similar. $100 is such a low number that it makes it difficult to find an option that will work for everyone.

maybe a used acer..maybe....

The MOST you could get is a VERY old 90s laptop or maybe a Chromebook used with like a broken screen. Maybe get a job and get like a 300$ /250$ laptop that can actually work.

Very slim pickings, mate.

Have a look on Craigslist, Gumtree or any other classifieds type websites. I had a quick look on eBay, yeah; there's nothing for that cheap. Aim for a minimum of $250-300.

Games like solitaire and minesweeper? May get 15 fps on pac-man.

Your all forgeting the whole point of this form. I have a very powerfull destop and thats my main computer. I want some thing small and cheap to go on word and type papers up. Im looking for a specifice model of computer so I can get the most bang for my buck.

This is the cheapest laptop i can find http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-LATiTUDE-LAPTOP-D600-NOTEBOOK-WINDOWS-XP-DVD-COMPUTER-WiFi-FAST-WIRELESS-/161041486528?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item257ed212c0

It will be slow and underpowerd i'd slap linux on it and it will run faster than xp ($120)

Get a thinkpad t60 or t61 off of ebay, bonus points if it is an IBM branded one.

At $100, he only place you will get a decent laptop is craigslist. I was actually able to find an HP Mini 311 for $130, but it really depends on luck.  In my area you can get something like an acer aspire one for 75-100, but areas vary. You also might be able to find an acer c7 chromebook used.  If you install ubuntu on it that should be fine for word processng, and I was actually able to play counter strike source on mine with steam for linux.  

Check out some of lenovo old stuff . Even thinkpads will be expensive . look for ideapads.