What is my next upgrade?

it’s only helps in latency situations not all single core processes need that and stellaris is more simulation not game where it usually matters.

Depending on the games you play.
But 1440p medium settings on most AAA games should be fine i guess.
Still i think that it is mainly a 1080p card due lack vram.

These are the stuffs I intend to upgrade, most of the old parts will be used to build another PC for my dad to use. (All in Singapore Dollars)

Personal upgrade:
Ryzen 5 3600
Asrock B450 Gaming ITX
2 x 8GB Klevv Bolt X 3200MHz
Scythe Fuma 2
Asrock RX5700
Crucial P1 NVME 1TB
Superflower Leadex 650W
Unknown 27inch 1440p monitor: (Recommendations please?)

My own upgrade total: $1591++

I also need to change my table and chair, which I intend to prioritize it over the PC upgrade.

Omnidesk = $504/-
Leila Office Chair = $279/-

Total: $783/-

I really cannot afford to spend on better and more expensive chair at the moment. I absolutely detest DX Racer/Secret Lab chair because they are not very suited in my environment.

Keep in mind that this particular combo might not work out of the box.
Because the bios needs to be updated of that said motherboard.
Of course you could use your current 2200G cpu for that eventually.
But why would you change your motherboard in the first place?
If you want to upgrade, then just update the bios of your current board,
and then drop the 3600 cpu in there.
There isn’t really that much reasons to change your motherboard.
Because if you also run windows10 on it oem, it will also deactivate your license as well.
So that is something to be keep in mind there.

Also kinda depending on how heavy gamer you are.
But the Asrock RX5700 challenger i suppose? is not a great card.
It runs hot and loud.
So i would highly recommend to switch that for the Sapphire RX5700 pulse.

Because my dad also wants a desktop, so I’m thinking to salvage the board and processor for him.

Yeah I’m looking at the Challenger, Pulse is like about 100 dollars extra. But still since I’m looking to upgrade furniture first, the rest can wait till end of year/Black Friday/11.11 sales. Or I can buy essential stuffs first and upgrade the rest later on.

Really? thats kinda crazy.
I know that the Sapphire pulse is a bit more expensive.
But it mainly should be about 30 to 50 bucks at best…
Are you sure you did not mix up with the 5700xt model?

Yeah, parts are tad bit expensive in my country.

I had managed to upgrade some of my own desktop at the end of February. I’m now running a Ryzen 5 3600 with Asrock B450 ITX board and a Scythe Fuma 2 heat sink. Turned on XMP and my Bolt X RAMs are running at 3200MHz.

On hindsight, I could have went for a micro ATX board and change my case to Fractal Meshify C mini so that my graphics card have more room for air. For my own power supply I had managed to obtain Superflower Leadex 3 750W without price increase.

The table and chair had been upgraded, I’m glad to say the chair is absolutely amazing. It is half the price and offers the same duration of warranty vs Secret Lab chairs (my regional DXRacer lookalike counterpart).

My dad now has a desktop which was my old CPU, heatsink, motherboard, RAM and a spare Crucial SSD. And a pretty comfortable chair to sit on too.

Personal station:

Dad’s station:

I am looking at a 27 inch 1440p monitor upgrade, NVME SSD and a graphics card upgrade during Black Friday or 11/11 sales.

For the monitor I was recommended PRISM+ F270i PRO, which is a local brand and it is rather priced competitively. However I’m not sure if 5ms is a latency I will be able to adapt to as I have been using 1ms for so long. The BenQ I’m using is aging and dead pixels had started to form up.

7 year upgrade vs a 2 year upgrade.
Going from an old 24" that my wife cleaned with the green side of the sponge and windex to a new HP 27" was “WOW”

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.